cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicating BODS table into HANA ....??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have meta data (MARA) in BODS, now i wanted to move this into HANA. Do I need to perform any steps to replicate it. At the moment, my system

has BODS and HANA. I heard that we need to setup BODS local repository in HANA, for meta data replication. If anyone knows, Please advise me here.

Can anyone suggest any doc or link on this.

Regards

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Yes you need to configure BODS as an import server to HANA. Steps:

1. 1.Install SAP HANA client (get from Service Market Place) on the machine/PC that runs Data Services
  2. Create ODBC connection for HANA here (Start->All Programs->Administrative Tools->Data Sources (ODBC))
  3. On System DSN tab, click on Add and select HDBODBC. Give a suitable name and description
  4. Configure BODS as an import server to HANA by clicking on Configure Import Server in the Quick Launch - enter the BODS server address, BODS repository name, ODBC datasource name and the port number
  5. Click on Import->Selective Import of Metadata from the Quck Launch in HANA, select target system and the following screen will list the BODS datastore names that are based on ABAP systems
  6. Select Tables in this screen and on the subsequent screen, select MARA table

Hope thats clear.

Thanks,

Anooj

Just to add - you need the HANA client to be installed and ODBC datasource to be created on the both the BODS server and BODS client. The ODBC datasources must have the same name on both.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anooj

Thanks for your response. But I am accessing HANA server from my system using studio. Same way BODS also. As you mention, i followed in HANA studio, but when i try to import, i couldnt find out the

BODS server. what could be the reason?

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I am hoping you followed the steps mentioned above and installed the HANA client (not the Studio) and created an ODBC datasource that connects to the HANA system on both your PC that runs BODS and also the server that runs BODS.

Also, you should already be having a datastore created in BODS that connects to an ERP system - this is from where you must have replicated metadata of your table MARA.

Your configure import server in HANA should look like this:

After that when you click on Import->Selective import of Metadata->Target System Selection, you should get this screen (below) from where you can choose the ERP system datastore in BODS:

And on the following screen, you can choose the MARA table

Thanks,

Anooj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anooj

Thanks a lot man. It helps me a lot.

Regards

Venkat.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhi2636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anooj,

I have to change my default port to 8090 from 8080. Can you help me where to change this default port of Configure import server to 8090 permanently.

Thanks in advance,

abhi

former_member196166
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, I tried to configure the import server in HANA Studio, but I'm stuck in the dialog box. I can set the server address, but cannot edit the other fields. When I press OK, nothing happens.

Is this a right/privileges issue? I have no clue how to solve this.

Regards,

Paul