SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic clearing not working on using transaction FPMA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a contract account on which there is an payment  to customer is happening.

and there is also an open recievable exixting on that account,so ideally they should clear each other.

But On running the Transaction FPMA the automatic clearing is not taking place and in application log i am getting a message

"No Automatic clearing possible".

I am not able to figure out the probable reasons for this message.

can anyone help me in figuring out why automatic clearing is not working ?

Regards,

Shashank

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

Have you checked clearing locks on contract account and document level?

Because if any locks present on the contract account or document level, it will not gets cleared.

Regards,

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

that was the first thing i checked for but unfortunately there are no locks present on the contract account.

Regards,

Shashank

0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

Please check the Payment Group of the open receivables and payment. It should be same, otherwise it will not get clear each other and also check the contract account and contract of the open receivables and payment. It should be same.

Hope it solves your problem.

Regards,

Rajesh

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

There can be multiple reasons why auto clearing is not happening.Some of them are as follows-

(a) Check if either of the open debit or credit document has a clearing restriction 8 applied against them or not. You will find this Clearing restriction field under the payment data tab of the document#  with field name as Restriction.

(b) Check in the custom selction tab of FPMA that any selction criteria is maintained for not clearing a particular set of documents.

(c) If the above reasons are not there, then check the auto clearing rules in configuration. There must be some config missing.

Hope it solves your query

Thanks,

Amlan

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to clear manually using transaction FP06.

If the items are still not proposed for clearing, check the Clearing Variant configuration for Account Maintenance.

Perhaps the Amount Check is set to "1".

Regards,

Ivor