Dear SD Gurus,

I am creating a sales order with these details -

Sales Organisation - 1000

Distribution Channel - 10

Division - 00

Plant - 1000

Material - AM2-GT

in IDES

at first when I am trying to create the order then one error throws and says - material does not belongs to the sales area then I extend the material to that sales area

now again when i am entering the button after giving the plant name then this error comes - "Ship-to party 1171 not defined for sales area 1000 10 10"

Point 1 - customer 1171 belongs to sales area 1000 10 00 like the material also from same sales area

Point 2 - material is showing the error whether i give the plant or not

Point 3 - i cant understand the relation with the material and customer where both correctly configured to same company code 1000 and same sales area and plant

Kindly do the needful

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santanu,

1 ) Check division in material master. What ever division you maintain in material master, customer must exist for the same division.

2 ) If customer Division and material is different than remove the check in VOV8 as said Mr G Lakshmipathi

Are you using common division ? if yes than check you setting common division setting.

Dear Santanu as you said that you extend the material to that sales area.  we can extend the material to sales area, we just  extend the material to sales "organisation & dist channel" and  division assign in the material master. material not depend on Sales area.

Thanks and Regards

Sujit

mohan_goru
Participant
0 Kudos

Santanu, 

As per my knowledge you not completed the config part fully..,

go with your configuration like Common dist channels, divisions & Basic functions like partner functions

Then these errors should not raise

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check for your sales document type in VOV8, what value is maintained for the field "Check division".  In normal circumstances, if this is blank, system will not throw such error.  Next ensure that you maintained the cross division in VOR2.

G. Lakshmipathi