cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Problem- Two different Company codes - Attributes not determined correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys

Issue:

While creating a shopping cart the locations are not determined correctly.

Requirement:

User needs to shop for two company codes and in turn having different purchasing org and P.grp belongs to that company code.

Settings in Org Structure as follows

I have incorporated a user in two company codes . Now again this company codes has a independent organization responsibility for two different purchasing groups and purchasing organizations.

So now when I create a SC, for only one company code its works the entries (locations, P.org and P.grp) are not populating for the another company code.

Please let me know to sort out this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santhosh,

a) Update the two company codes in the users attributes

b) Update the locations(plants) and the storage locations - belonging to the company codes in the users extended attributes

c) Make sure that the organizational responsibility for the respective purchasing groups reflect to a org unit to which this user is linked

Assuming there are no Product Category Responsibility for the purchase groups, the above three steps should get you the plant and storage location data.

I presume you have missed step b)

Regards,

Maars.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maars

Could you also please tell me how to create a local purchasing organization and purchasing group to create in org structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry there. I'm stuck with a silly problem of not being able to assign users to local purchase groups.

But,

You create the local purch org and the group like before - except - you do not do any assignments to the backend ECC data. This makes them LOCAL.

Note that,

Unlike normal purch orgs and groups (with backend linkage), for local purchasing groups you have to ASSIGN USERS into the Purch Group org unit.

Hope this helps.

- Maars

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Maars

You mean to say, in function tab, we need to provide only the p.org and p.grp name and no backend system name right.

Again, talking about the users, users will be directly assigned below the purchasing group? ,( or ) I believe users will be under company code, this company code organizational responsibility will be given under organizational responsibility of purchasing group.

Please confirm from the above two, which one needs to be used to link users to a local p.grp.

Thank you so much in advance, looking for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right,

You will provide the purch org and purch group name and no backend system assignment - thus making them local entities.

Users are directly assigned to purchasing groups - its worked before for me but i'm not able to get this to work in my present project.

- Maars.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

Could any one please reply to this issue.

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos

Hi santosh

Please proceed as follows

Company codes:

Maintain the two company codes in to the user org unit.This org unit inherits to Position as well ,Maintain one company code as default

Location: Maintain all the locations (all plants) in the org unit level for the extended attributes

Important Note:

The critical thing is user has to get select  company code .once the company code is set the user will be able to select the location(plant) belongs to  that company code

Purchasing group

In the Position attributes maintain two purchasing group & make one default purchasing group as default

Go to the Function tab of the each purchasing group & maintain the Org unit of the user (Org responsibility)

Pls let me know how it works

Thanks

Madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madav

I could not get this.

Could you please tell me the settings in organization structure, how to incorporate a user in two different company codes so he can shop for the both.

Thanks in Advance. Looking for your reply.