cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see the exception files during import process in SAP MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Masters,

There were few files which failed during the import process from other systems to MDM.

Now these files got stored in Exception folder.

How can I check due to which reason exceptions are happening.

How can i check the detailed log file/ report related to the exception.

Regards.

Sumi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are 3types of exception, IMPORT, STRUCTURAL and VALUE.

and each have their respective folder structure on the File server set during MDM installation, the path will be in the inbound port for that particular repository structure.

If you log on with MDM Import Manager, using the port option, you'll get the exact error, why the import failed.

Also there are other ways to find the error, copy the file from the path to a local machine, then load it using Import Manager.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the response. But i really dnt have the access to import manager. Can't i see those import errors in the MDM console log. I could find the xml files in the importx folder in the exception folder  in the FTP directory but not the root cause of the error.

In the console  in the log file,  i could see the  log errors  but not the root cause.

Regards.

Sumi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you using MDM 7.1, you will have to mount the import server from the auxillary servers, and check the Import log.

But the best option is to get access to the FTP location and check the folder path.

Regards,

Abhishek Biwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks but in the FTP location i can only find the exception log and the exception file.

It does not show  any  detailed error.

Where can i be able to see the detailed version of error.

Regards.

Sumi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks but in the FTP location i can only find the exception log and the exception file.

It does not show  any  detailed error.

Where can i be able to see the detailed version of error.

Regards.

Sumi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you load the MDM Console GUI, and when you mount the MDM Server, you will get an option for auxillary server, in which you will get the Import Server, you need to mount the server.

In the import server, you will find detailed logs.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumi,

As Abhishek has rightly pointed out you can view logs from console level for import related activities.

In addition to that traces and reports give you technical details and step by step information of the activity/issue.

One has to be aware about the timesamp of import and then going through these can help you get the reason of Exception.

Thanks,

Ravi

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sumi,

Did you checked MDM repository’s Reports table in the MDM Console?. Selecting an Import report in the Reports table displays the report in the Report Detail pane,

Cheers,

Rc

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sumi,

You can also manually do the import using the Port as the source and the Import manager will automatically lead you to the root of the problem .

Regards ,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the Import manager logs in the below path

C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 7.1\Import Manager\ImportManagerErr*.xml

Rgds,

Prasad