cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sample workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had installed GRC 5.3 and gone through AC5.3 and post installation guide. Even though I had gone through the workflow section many times I am not able to go through. Can any one please guide me how to configure the same step by step (initiator, CAD, stage,path).

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kanth,

For building a sample workflow and understanding it, first you need to understand the approval process. Lets say, there is application called application1 and whenever this is selected in the request, the workflow should be triggered.

Secondly, this request should go to 1 person only for its approval.

In this regard, first you can created an initiator wherein, you select the Application check box. This means that, when respective application is selected in the request, the workflow should start.

Now in CAD, you define the approver (the person who should approve this request so that the provisioning is done in the back end system). You mention here his user id.

Thirdly, you now define a PATH. This path is a collection of STAGES (or stoppers, in a bold way). The request now goes through this path and stops at each stage you define in it to have approved/rejected by the persons you defined.

NOTE: Above is a sample workflow and I may not have used exact terms, as I used it long back. Therefore, I tried to help you understand this and pardon me if I have not used exact terms or so.

GRC 5.3 Screen is also not in front of me so that I can exactly guide you.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI faisal,

thanks for you reply. I had done all the configurations which you said but still its comming out as error creating request........do i need to check any configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanth,

Check the initiator again and make sure you have applied the same conditions when raising request.

Also make sure you have filled all the mandatory fields in the request. If you want to change the mandatory fields or fileds behaviour, you can at Request form Customization in Configuration Tab.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh,

I tried what you said. I shall explain in detail once.

Initiator: Workflow: CUP

Condition : or

attribute : Request type
             Value: lock account

CAD: CAD_APPL

cad type: attribute

workflow:  type cup

Select attribute: request type

select role attribute : application of role

in approvers: req type lock account and application connector 1

stage: stage1

workflow type : CUP

CAD: CAD_APPL

path : no of stages= 1

stage = stage 1

Please analyze this ajesh....I can provide screen shot if required

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide the screen shot?

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kanth:

Instructions for creating AC 5.3 workflow are in the Configuration Guide which is posted on Service MarketPlace.  service.sap.com/instguides

Thanks,

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin ,

Thanks for your reply.......I tried doing that but after configuring initiator, stage and path I tried to create a request it coming as Error creating request.