cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS Configuration Fail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After doing some system preparation for solution manager, I found 3 errors in the system check.

However when check the domain Transport manager using transaction STMS, it seems that it dont have any error,

So i delete the Transport manager and create a new one. But in the end it prompt me this error

So I proceed to change some configuration in the system but it prompt me this error

In the description it wrote that file\\dr246\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_SOL.PFL could not be opened for writing. after some checking, my TP_DOMAIN_SOL.PFL is on \\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_SOL.PFL. Is this the reasons why the thing cant be up and running?

can anybody please guide me on this

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While working in solman, please dont relay on the red mark and directly deleting the entire stms or other already config from working system.

Analyse the error log from the SOLMAN_SETUP itself. Normally there you get the exact cause. some time issue is just authorisation problem. please review the logs there and come to system for checking.

Regarding your STMS, may I know what is the value for the parameter DIR_TRANS and DIR_EPS_ROOT?

and change the exact value. And also check the file system permissions. Later recreate your domain again.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

May i Know how to check this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can Check in AL11, RZ11.

Best contact SAP BASIS person over there to adjust the values.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

There is no basis person in my company, i need to make this on my own. I have change the values to C:\usr\sap\trans and the the error not appear again. Anyway is there anything that i need to configure beside of this?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shahril,

DIR_TRANS should be /usr/sap/trans and is located on a shared folder (it's recommended to have a central transport directory across SAP system landscape).

Make sure you can access the folder by going to \\sapmnt\trans

Then do a system check by:

1. Tx. STMS

2. Overview systems

3. Choose your system

4. Select menu SAP System -> check -> transport tool

All test should be green.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lori,

After i do all the check as u said, all of the test result was green, u can see it below.

However after rerun the installation check, it still give me red colored status like below. Can i just ignore this and proceed to the other error or i need to make sure this status green first?

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

One final step would be to setup a transport route.

It's also viable if you're using only single system.

1. Goto STMS

2. Choose transport route icon (Shift + F7)

3. Change (F5)

4. Standard configuration (Ctrl + F5)

5. Distribute and activate (F8)

From abap technical point of view, you've completed the STMS configuration, even if solman_setup doesn't say so. Can you choose option "manually performed" in solman_setup screen for this step? If yes please do so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lori,

I have done it and will proceed to the next issue.

Thank You