cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone Payment in SAP PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

My requirement is we are sending some samples to different vendors for testing and after testing vendor is sending invoice which needs to be paid.

So we wanted to have milestone payment scenario which I never worked.

For milestone invoices send to customer , we are creating activity , milestone attachment ,sales order , billing block , this scenario I knew. So for vendor how we can reflect the same scenario or Is it different in PS ?

I have read SAP help and activated FM area and assigned invoicing plans to external activity but don't know how to move further.

Please help to understand the scenario.

Regards

Raghav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should basically enable MS billing plan or equivalent billing plan on the MM module. If a billing plan is enabled for the purchase order and the item category (I hope in MM also billing plans can be enabled at this level) level, then when the PO is created either for material components from networks or using WBS elements as account assignment objects, the billing plan will be enabled in PO.

This b. plan will tell you when a vendor invoice will be issued in the system.

This is something you have to enabled by Milestones and Material components in PS along with an MMconsultant. The MM consultant has to enable the billing plan. The PS consultant has to enable the material components and the Milestone for the same.

So once the MS is confirmed, the PO will use the MS confirmation and create the invoice as per the billing plan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For customer , we assign milestone to internal activity and when we confirm activity billing block removes from sales order.

For vendor, where and how to assign milestone ? How confirmation and billing happens ?

Regards

Raghav    

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

From MM side, a billing plan (may be a milestone one) should be created and enabled for this scenario. Accordingly, when a network is created it creates a milling plan in the PO like it creates in Sales order also.

You can know this in detail only if u work with an MM consultant and see how the process works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Why dont you create schedule lines in your Purchase Order to the vendor instead. Consult MM expert on how to achieve that.

rgds

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

cant we achieve anyhow via PS in the same manner what we are doing for customer invoice ?

Regards

Raghav