cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting SUP to Non-SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to know whether through SUP can we connect to Non-SAP systems like Oracle CRM,Seibel CRM.

Thanks

Dinesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dinesh,

You have a few options...  SUP supports connections through a number of protocols - obviously the big ones for SAP systems are RFC connections and more recently OData using SAP Gateway as a bridge.  SUP also supports JDBC for direct database connection, as well as web services.

I think this pretty much allows you to talk to any system you could possibly need.  The only systems I imagine you couldn't connect up to are those that are so old or so unique they don't support one of these standards.  In that case I guess something like SAP PI (or equivalent) could act as a middleware platform.  I suspect though if you can't connect directly with SUP then connecting via a further middleware platform probably isn't the best idea.

Hope this helps,

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan

For SAP to do interface we have BAPI like this what we have for Seibel is it JDBC or Web services

Thanks,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I don't know the full details of Seibel I'm afraid - it is a long time since I have worked with it and I've not done so from a mobile perspective.

However, I imagine you would want to go via the web service route and not direct to the database layer via JDBC.  This way, you can get application/business logic included in your calls/synchronisation and not just depend upon raw data from database tables.

If you consider trying to mobilise a process that includes Seibel, you would want to re-use existing logic in Seibel, and not re-build it in SUP, so logically web services providing that functionality would be the ideal method.  The last thing you want to do is re-engineer functionality and end up having to dual maintain the logic.  If the functionality doesn't already exist in in Seibel, I'd say you would prefer to build it first internally on the Seibel system, and then simply publish as web services.

However, someone who knows Seibel better than I do may have a different perspective - I'd say you are better researching elsewhere (outside of SCN) on what protocols Seibel supports for integration.  I suspect it will support both WS and JDBC and the decision will come down to what you are trying to achieve and whether Seibel already offers it.  Given SUP makes use of a service driven architecture, there are broader SOA constraints to consider when designing any services (WS or JDBC) irrespective of whether they are for mobile or not.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i will try to use webservices. Because as you said no need to rewrite a logic.

Thanks Ryan,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dinesh,

Here lot of connection using depends upon the back-end resource

SAP Business Suite(ERP,CRM,ect...) --Jco (java connector) - SUP

SAP BS(ERP,CRM,ect..) --- DOE - SUP

SAP BS(ERP,CRM,ect..) --- Gateway - SUP

Thanks,