cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer's Open Items to be based of Delivery Block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My client has a requirement to use customer's open items combine with terms of payment to be set up as delivery block in delivery order. As per my knowledge I can do this by using credit limit customizing in spro Sales and Distribution -> Basic Functions -> Credit management/Risk Management -> Credit Management -> Define Automatic Credit Control

But the difficulty is I can only set up only for one customer, and requirement of my client is different. As they have two or more customers which belong to one group customer, they want if one of the group member placed order, this open item is valid for all customers belong to this groups. Thus when other customer places order, system will generate delivery block automatic since a group member still have open item.

I have plan to use customer group in customer master data to combine customer who belong to the same group and by using user exit to validate the open items of customer. But I still wondering whether there is standard customizing to do this instead of user exit?

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming that you have customers ABC, DEF, GHI in one group.  In FD31 / FD32, you have a field "Credit account" where you assign ABC for the other two customers so that I think, your requirement can be achieved.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks in advance G Laksmipathi.

I already try your clue..and it seems my requirement can be achieved through credit account group as you describe above.

Problem closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rajesh.., useful link, i will learn them...;)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rajesh.., useful link, i will learn them...;)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to understand your querry correctly . But high level concept is as under :--

01.Define Credit Group ( OVA6)

02. Create Risk Categories ( OB01)

03. Define credit limit check by Delivery ( OVAD )

04 . Define automatic credit control ( OVA8)

05. Can maintain Customer credit limit by FD32.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Rajesh,

As per my understanding, for the steps you've gave I still dont get the step how to group some customers into one in such a way they can access one open item and its validity. Maybe I can give example for describing my requirement as below:

Let's say I have 3 customer code call customer A, customer B, customer C. Since they are multinational company, they are group into one called for example Phillip Morries Group.

Customer B then placed order first, let's say today: 28.05.2012, terms of payment 30 days. I delivered the order of customer B and make billing. After billing is raised means there is open item of customer B for 30 days after today, means 28.06.2012. My client requirement is whenever customer A and C placed order within 30 days and after, system will automatically block delivery since there is still exist open item of customer B. Thus only after payment of customer B received, and delivery blocked release, the next order can be proposed its delivery.

Currently I can do delivery block by considering terms of payment by using customer credit limit. But the problem is the system only read one customer account. My requirement is how can I group those customers into one and the first creation of open item will be considered to determine delivery block.

Maybe my explanation more clear. Many thanks..:)