cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query about restart of BI Prod system from user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have got email about restart of SAP BI Prod system , we have checked ST02 shows Startup:     26.02.2012 17:20:03 but ST04 shows Started       26.04.2012 (BI PROD is CI system both DB and SAP on same server ) , we have got conflict between start time of SAP and DB since we are not taking any offline backup for this system .

Please advise .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

It seems like a program error. You may need to apply a kernel patch. This is because this information is reading by a kernel-call.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your valuable update

ST02 start time for SAP we dont have issue , but now  we need know what reason DB stopped i have attached screen shot for oracle alert log .

kindly advise .

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find the last logged users by "last | more", at the OS level. So, it is able to identify the user, if somebody stopped the database, manually.

Plus, you can find the previously executed OS commands such as "sqlplus", by the "history" command.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Please check the above screen shot for Oracle alert log with backup details on that day with specific time .

Please advise what could be the cause for start up difference between DB and SAP since we are not taking offline backup  .

Thanks .

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check the following query in oracle

SELECT to_char(startup_time,'DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS') "DB Startup Time"

FROM   sys.v_$instance;

And check the last entry in available.log under the directory /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<XX>/work

Does the 2 entries match .

Also , I guess the ST02 time stamp is from the start time of SAPOSCOL . Thats a guess but I am not sure on this.

Regards

Ratnajit

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems  SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE had been issued .

Please check how it was invoked.

Regards

Ratnajit