cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Install Error: :Assertion failed: Component OraDbBuild, Context parameter table tTablespaceInfo: Entry for tablespace SYSTEM is missing

kevin_mui2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I am installing SAP SRM 7 Ehp1 central system on RHEL6 x86_64 bit with Oracle 11g. Oracle db installation completed successfully. It is now on create database steps of SAP installation and came across an error.  

ERROR 2012-05-27 12:02:57.889 CJS-00030 Assertion failed: Component OraDbBuild, Context parameter table tTablespaceInfo: Entry for tablespace SYSTEM is missing ERROR 2012-05-27 12:02:57.987 MUT-03025 Caught ESAPinstException in module call: Component OraDbBuild, Context parameter table tTablespaceInfo: Entry for tablespace SYSTEM is missing. ERROR 2012-05-27 12:02:58.240 FCO-00011 The step checkStepPreconditions with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBCheck|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBMain|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBStd|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|NW_OraDbBuild|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|checkStepPreconditions was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Assertion failed: Component OraDbBuild, Context parameter table tTablespaceInfo: Entry for tablespace SYSTEM is missing).

Can anyone please guide or help me resolve this issue? Appreciate your help!

Thanks, Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_mui2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit,

As the matter fact that I had used the incorrect Installation Master DVD. I have tried with BS7i Installation Master for Oracle instead of BS7i Installation Master DVD which has done the trick.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you login into oracle database and execute.

sql> select TABLESPACE_NAME from dba_tablespaces;

SYSTEM table should be there .

You may also try to restart the oracle database.

Did you remove SYSTEM tablespace from the tablespace list in the sapinst input ??

Can you paste the screen of tablespace input in sapinst ??

Regards

Ratnajit