Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display archive doc's in Webdynpro

ganu_k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

G'Day.  Need help in displaying the list of attachments in Webdynpro.

This is related to HR module and we got the attachment list from TOA03 table and it contains SAP_OBJECT as PREL, OBJECT_ID is the PERNR + INFOTYPE combination, ARCHIVE_ID as T1 and ARC_DOC_ID as 4FB05CDD34FSS333SDDDDDAS2.

In R/3 i was using the GOS_ATTACHMENT_LIST_POPUP and it brought up a new window listing the attachments for that Employee and when we click on it, it opens the attachment.

Now in Webdynpro, i am not sure on how to do it, as FM GOS_ATTACHMENT_LIST_POPUP , throws CNTRL_ERROR, as screens are called.

I checked earlier thread and believe the below steps are required

1) call function 'ARCHIVOBJECT_GET_TABLE'

2) call function 'SCMS_BINARY_TO_XSTRING'

But i am not sure on how to use these or what to do with the output and how to display in the Webdynpro.

Can you experts help on 1) what UI element should i declare in Webdynpro 2) What value should i provide as input  3) What is the expected output

Also does it open any attachment or only specific type of attachment. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ganu,

Here is my idea for your above requirement.

Hope you have an idea to display the attached document by using above mentioned FMs.

1. Get the list of attachments into an internal table('ARCHIVOBJECT_GET_TABLE' will be used here).

2. Insert Table UI element at WDA and Bind the attachments list to this.

3. Insert LinkToAction as CellEditor in Table UI element.

4. Assign an action to inserted LTA UI element. and write tha attachment open code in that action('SCMS_BINARY_TO_XSTRING' will be used here).

5. Now you will be able to see the individual attachments as how you were in R/3.

ganu_k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chengalarayulu,

Thanks for the response,  Tried the steps as mentioned and got the below

1) FM ARCHIVOBJECT_GET_TABLE - Input provided

ARCHIV_ID = T1

DOCUMENT_TYPE = TIF

ARCHIV_DOC_ID = 4FC1BGAF305265E1000000042D

signature = X

COMPID = DATA

It throws error message HTT error 404 File not found 3015 - Item not found. Tried various attachments which are existing in PA30 for that employee and for all attachments it is throwing the same error..

Can you please guide on whether this FM works for Archive HR PREL object class. thanks

ganu_k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chengalarayulu,

Thanks for the response. Please ignore my previous response...tried deleting but its not working...anyways

I tried the steps as below

1) IN FM ARCHIVOBJECT_GET_TABLE, i provided my

Archiv_id as T1,

Doctype as TIF,

Archiv_doc_id as 4FB05CDD34FSS333SDDDDDAS2.

But it always returns back with HTTP ERROR - 404 File NOT Found 3015 - Item not Found.

Tried with various attachments which exist in PA30, but in this FM it is not listed. Can you please let me know whether this FM works for PREL HR Object class - Archive attachments.

In case i am providing wrong input, please help. thanks

thanks again for helping on this

Answers (0)