cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help in TDMS 3 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Kindly help me out to install TDMS 3.0 by answering followings in elaborated manner:-

1. Can I install Central server TDMS in solman ?

2. Is it required to install DMIS and DMIS_CNT in all the involved systems including Solution Manager (if central server is solution manager)

3. Please send the link for downloding DMIS and DMIS_CNT from SAP market place.

4. Will DMIS_2006_1_700 and DMIS_CNT_ 2006_1_700 be applicable for SAP BASIS 701 (level 0007) ?

5. Kindly provide guide fo rthe same.

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nilutpal,

1. Yes you can use a solution manager system as a central system. Please note that a solman is

mostly used as central and control system. Other kind of systems can also be used.

2. Yes, DMIS and DMIS_CNT are the addons for TDMS and these addons "must be" installed using

SAINT in all the 3 involving systems (central, sender, receiver).

Also note that the sender and receiver system must be on the "same release level" with the same SP level. Central system can be on a different release and that should not be a problem.

3. Please make sure that you have the proper license to download DMIS* components.

You can download them from SMP at:

http://service.sap.com/swdc

Support Packages and Patches ->

Browse our Download Catalog ->

SAP Technology components ->

SAP TEST DATA MIGRATION  SERVER ->

SAP TDMS 3.0 ->

Entry by component ->

TDMS for ABA  7.0x

From the above link, you may only get DMIS 2006_1_700 and DMIS_CNT 2006_1_700 packages.

The latest is DMIS 2010_1_700. (no DMIS_CNT in this release)

You can do a search for this in service market place.

Also note,  DMIS_2011_* is for TDMS 4.0 and not TDMS 3.0

So if you wish to do a TDMS 3.0 installation, you can use the above mentioned packages.

4.  Yes,  DMIS_2006_1_700 and DMIS_CNT_ 2006_1_700 will be applicable for SAP BASIS 701.

5. Please check the "Operations guide" and "Master guide" at:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

SAP Components ->

SAP Test Data Migration Server ->

SAP TDMS 3.0

Let me know if this information helped you!

Regards,

Sandhya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandhya & Sandeep,

Thanks for your helpful replies.

Actually now I am implementing TDMS 4.0, which I have installed in ECC Dev, QA, PRD and Solution Manager 7.1.

Now could you please suggest the configuration and operational guidelines for creation of RFCs and copying data from PRD to QA/DEV ?

Points will be surely rewarded to both of you !!!

Regards,

Nilutpal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilutpal,

The master and operational guides for TDMS 4.0 are also in the same location:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

SAP Components ->

SAP Test Data Migration Server ->

SAP TDMS 4.0

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Sandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandhya,

Many thanks for your guidance, but I already have gone through master, operational and sizing guide of TDMS 4.0, still I am unclear about RFC connections as in master guide it's not that broadly explained about how to create those RFCs and for example how to copy any specific module related data (suppose SD/MM) from PRD to DEV through central server.

Could you please focus more light on this??

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Sandeep_Kumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

RFC management is explained in Operations Guide for TDMS , it's the same as you create any RFC connection b/w system A&B with ABAP connection type.

Regarding "copy any specific module related data (suppose SD/MM)" , you can another function of TDMS called BPL to copy Business process( PO, SO etc..) specific data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

I have installed and successfully configured TDMS 4.0 in ECC development itself for testing purpose.

Central and control server : ECC DEV (client=220)

Receiver server : ECC DEV (client=100)

Sender server : ECC DEV (client= 120)

Project Details:- (in 220 client)

I have created above sub-project to copy master and customising data from 120 to 100 client in ECC Dev server itself.

Please suggest the details of following executable steps and it’s necessity and impact :-

Also please suggest the steps if I would require to import only FI data or only HR data from sender to receiver.

Waiting for your +ve reply!!!

Regards,

Nilutpal.

former_member65049
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nilutpal,

1. You can refer to the activity documentation for each activity by clicking on the atcivity in the TDMS process tree and the selecting Documentation link on      the menu bar.

With this, you can understand the functionality, purpose, necessity and impact of each activity.

Basically these activities guide you through the complete steps starting from setting up the system to the data transfer and post data transfer activities.

If you need some details on any specific activity, please get back.

2.  If you need to copy only HR data from sender to receiver, you can use module "TDMS for HCM ".

The following migration solutions are available:

• Transfer of PA Data for SAP ERP HCM
  • Transfer of PD and PA Data for SAP ERP HCM
  • Transfer of PD and PA Data for SAP ERP HCM (Expert)

For more details on this, you can refer to the "How-to Transfer SAP ERP HCM Data" available on the Service Marketplace at           service.sap.com/instguides

3. If you need to import only FI data, then you need to use the application "TDMS for Business Process Library".

You can use the BPL Object "BC-Accounting Document" to transfer FI data. Its delivered in standard shipment by SAP.

You can also create your own custom scenario or extend the standard scenario as per your requirement.

You can find more information about SAP TDMS 4.0  BPL in the "How to Use the Business Process Library for SAP TDMS 4.0" available on the Service      Marketplace at service.sap.com/instguides

Hope I could answer your queries.

Regards,

Rupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rupam,

Thanks a lot for your such a detailed reply!!!

If I select any activity and click on INFORMATION under PROCESS INFORMATION tab of menu bar, then it only shows details of MIGRATION PROCESS TREE, but if I execute the activity and click on INFORMATION after getting into the 2nd screen (i.e. specific activity screen), then it shows details of that specific activity, but it also valid for only three activities, not for all.

As per your suggestion, if I do select activity and click on INFORMATION ACTIVITY then it shows "Activity Documentation Not Available":

Following message appears:-

Again If I select any activity and choose All Activity Documents, then it goes to another screen, but that screen doesn't contain any information.

But after above screen , it doesn't show any extended information.

Please suggest!!!

Regards,

Nilutpal.

former_member65049
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nilutpal,

The best way to see documentation for each activity is to click on the hyper link for activity name  in the web UI of TDMS 4.0.

The error that you are getting could be due to the reason that documentation does not exist for some actiivties.

Please raise and OSS message in such a case to get the details of such an activity.

Regards,
Rupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all !!

I have got the required details of activities by pressing following button:-

Rgds,

Nilutpal.

former_member65049
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nilutpal,

Good that you got the details.

The screen shot that you've pasted is from SAP GUI screen of TDMS process tree.

In TDMS 4.0, its important that you use the web GUI screen to view the process tree through TDMS work center. You'll see many more functionalities there.

Then you should be able to view the documentation as I mentioned above.

Regards,
Rupam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandeep_Kumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

1. Can I install Central server TDMS in solman ?

Yes.

2. Is it required to install DMIS and DMIS_CNT in all the involved systems including Solution Manager (if central server is solution manager)

Yes.

3. Please send the link for downloding DMIS and DMIS_CNT from SAP market place

TDMS is a licensed software and you must have valid license to use the same.

4. Will DMIS_2006_1_700 and DMIS_CNT_ 2006_1_700 be applicable for SAP BASIS 701 (level 0007) ?

These are very old add-ons , now TDMS4.0 (DMIS_2011) is available and you must use the latest version.

Hope this helps