cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different delivery dates in sales order

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

In my sales order I need to use the date on  which the material must be delivered to customer (delivery date) e the date on which the line order must be trasmit by edi to my logistic partner. This date (we can call it date “X”) ) depend on: the consignment place  and on the delivery date.

For example, if the sales order delivery date in 30 Jun 2012, end the consignement place is Milan, the date “X” is 20 June 2012; if the sales order delivery date in 30 Jun 2012, end the consignement place is  Paris, the date “X” is 02  June 2012.

The material must be available at the logistics partner plant for the “X date” and I need to trasmit by EDI the order to my logistic partner  in the “X date”.

How I should customize the system in order to have BOTH of these two dates: delivery date and X date?

I would like to do it by customizing the system, not by writing user exit or abap code.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look in to backward and forward scheduling. (i.e. material availability date, picking date, PGI date, delivery date)

Understanding the tasks performed by the logistic partner can ascertain what date should be "X" (e.g. if picking is done by the logistic partner then X = picking date. If only taking the goods to customer, then X = PGI date)

Picking date and PGI date are set in the shipping point.

Look in to current configuration settings, is the shipping point same for logistics partner in Milan and Paris?

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

In my organization the PGI date is not exactly the "X date". The "X date" is the date when I have to send by EDI (just by EDI not fisically) the sales order to my logistic partner. My logistic partner has a warehouse of my own property goods and takes the goods to my customer in order to respect  the delivery date requested by the customer. The X date depends on the customer location : for example if the customer location is Milan  X date is equal to = "customer delivery date " - "3 days", if the customer location is Paris X date is equal to "customer delivery date" - 10 days. Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silvana,

It seems that You want to Calculate the "X date" and send it in the EDI that you send to your Logistic partner. It could be a Delivery response EDI to your Logistic partner.

Since you want to calculate the "X date"  as customer delivery date " - "3 days", if the customer location is Paris , you have to check the EDI Genration program which triggers the EDI to Partner and calculate the "X date " as Customer delivery date - "Lead time /Transit time for your Partner to Ship the goods to the Customer Ship-to location.

By this method you can pass the X date to Partner when you send the EDI to them.

In case of any further queries/clarifications,please revert.

Thanks and Regards,
Umesh Karane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Silvana,

Was my answer helpfull to you?

Umesh Karane

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, it was useful. Thanks a lot.