next number maintenance for SFC release and SFC split

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I hope you can help me on the following challenge:

I am looking for a solution for the following scenario

material:             panel, lot size 6

routing:               labeling --> assembly --> test

1. during labeling all future SFCs (as after SFC serialize) have to be printed on the panel locations
  2. there is no room on the panel to additionally print the panel SFC
  3. panel shall be identified by the SFC of a certain location (e.g. upper left)
  4. during test operation SFC serialize takes place

My approach is to set up next number maintenance for SFC release as follows

Number Base:               10

Sequence Length:          4

Min Sequence:              1

Increment By:                6

So releasing of a quantity of 12 leads to two SFCs:

On SFC serialize (e.g. of SFC 0001) I want the system to “fill in the gaps”:

panel SFC 0001 becomes first serialized SFC

second serialized SFC: 0002

third serialized SFC 0003

in SFC serialize activity this should like that:

old FSCnew SFC

However this approach leads to two problems:

- reusing of panel SFC as serialized SFC is not allowed (and I didn’t find any system or activity rules so far to change the system behavior)

- I can’t set next number maintenance for serialize SFC up to behave like that. I would need to define some kind of rule like

take parameter %SFC_BO.(2)% and use it as first SFC

than create remaining SFCs each incrementing by 1

Does anyone have any suggestions how to handle this scenario?

Many thanks in advance

best regards

Ulrike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrike,

The issue of invalidating the original SFC cannot be resolved inthe current implementation. This is a behavior by design.

To leave the original SFC alive is possible for non-panel non-serialized SFCs. Then, if you use SFC Split, the original SFC can be used the same way as its child SFCs.

As concerns your second point, you can maintain 2 patterns (for Release and for Serialize) which are defined the same way. Then Serialize pattern will catch up on gaps in the sequence left by Release pattern. However, this will not let you re-use Invalid SFCs.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy,

thanks for your quick response.

The huge disadvantage I see in going non-panel and non-serialized and then use SFC split activity is the loss of the panel functionality, e.g. using activity SU590 scrap location.

We definititely need a functionality to scrap "bad mark" locations without triggering ScrapConfirmation in ERP. Do you have any suggestions how to handle this when not using panels?

Best regards

Ulrike

0 Kudos

Ulrike,

Only panel has locations. So, I do not see an option to scrap a location for non-panel Material in base functionality.

As to the ScrapConfirmations; I think you need a customization to trigger a ScrapConfirmation in specific cases only.

Regards,

Alex.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Ulrike,

As Sergiy mentioned above it cannot be manged by design. You may find used SFC IDs in ID_USED table (do not update it manually as it may lead to database inconsistencies!).

As to the replaceable parameter you tried to use; here you can find parameters that are used with with Next Number functionality and there is no 'parent SFC' parameter:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ME/Replaceable+Parameters

Regards,

Alex.