cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Client Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to take a client copy from our Production System to Quality System.I do not want any transactional data, but i need to copy the configurations and Developments(ABAP Developments). Which profile should I select to do this.will SAP_EXBC serve the purpose.

Also, please let me know once I do the client copy by using SAP_EXBC or any other profile which would not copy the transactional data, will my existing data in Quality System be wiped out? Or will it remain as it is and only configuration be copied?

Please help.

Thanks & regards,

Shanahas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

your existing cleint data in quality would get wiped off. if you feel anything is important for : rfc or user list or any table please export them and then later import them after the cleint copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Please let me know how can i export rfc or any table.

Thanks & regards,

Shanahas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to standard system copy guide

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000416392008E.pdf

also refer to a similar post

http://scn.sap.com/message/13284170#13284170

Thanks,

Sanketh

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you use profile

SAP_EXPC   Customizing Including Cross-Client Customizing

When you do a client copy , all the target client data is wiped out before the copied data is loaded , except for few profiles where only the specific data is overwritten .

As of development is concerned , you cannot copy developed objects with client copy.

What I suggest is to go with a system refresh from Prod to QA .

This would be better.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit,

How can I do the system refresh from Prod to QA. How is it diffrent from Client copy?

Thanks & Regards,

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Client copy would only copy client specific data and cross-client customizing data depending on the type of client copy. This would not copy any repository objects

System refresh copies the entire system with all data .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Shanahas,

You can copy customizing without transactionnel data using profile SAP_CUST but for developpement it will be must sure to use STMS and to transport developpement via Transport order.

Cordially.