Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which role have priority? Structural authorization (PD Profile) over Role Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me which role first check SAP when it verifies what are the authorization for a user? PD Profile or Role Authorization? I suppose that SAP first check if a user have the Standard Authorization and then check over wich Org. or Position and similars fields. But could anyone show me a document or something similar where the workflow is?

Thank you in advanced.

3 REPLIES 3

0 Kudos

Hello Sara Gar, Yes first SAP check the standard ones before Org or position, indirect ones, just searching the document, may attach soon once I will get it.

Thanks Ratan.

0 Kudos

Hi Ratan,

Thank you for your interest. But for example if i have an Authorization Object that allows access for example Organization 0001 and the structural authorization allows for Organization 0002. What is the authorization that prevails.

Thank you in advanced.

0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

my company is in the process of upgrading the SAP ECC6 and during testing, we came across this issue.

From what I have observed, the PD profile will always prevail.

An example that I quote here is that we have a security role that allows the HR people to change job details via PO03. When the users have a PD profile, let's call it PD_TEST and within the PD profile, we set the job (C) as not maintainable, the users start to lose their authorization to change job via PO03.

When you get the error and use SU53 to check for the missing authorization, you might see different missing objects and that is confusing. Usually at the end of the line, you will see something mentioning that the structural authorization has some issue. That should give u the hint that some PD profile is stopping the transaction. I hope this helps.

PS : If Ratan can provide the document, I would like to have it too.