cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allow user to upload multiple PDFs in webdynpro??

0 Kudos

Hi Experts!!

I have done the task to upload pdf file using fileupload UI element. I could select only one file at a time after clicking browse button. I want the user to be able to select multiple files and the same should be uploaded in Ztable. Kindly give the code or share the concept in detail for uploading multiple files.

Points will be awarded for helpful answers 🙂

Thanks in Advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirza,

Multiple file upload is only possible with ACFUpload element that comes with NW 7.02........

Regards,

Venkat

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

venkata krishna wrote:

Hi Mirza,

Multiple file upload is only possible with ACFUpload element that comes with NW 7.02........

Regards,

Venkat

The UI element is called ACFUpDownload and it has been available since 7.01, not 7.02. 

The ACFUpDownload UI element is actually designed to be used with the SAP Content Server/KPRO, but I've written a how to guide to adapt it to a custom upload handler. The guide and source code are available here on SCN.

Another option is to use FlashIslands.  I also have a guide and source code as to how to create a Flex based multiple file uploader.

0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for ur reply...I am using EH4 and it has the UI element AcfUpDownload. I put it on layout of my view but I dont know how to use it. I dont want ZIP file or something like that. As we have the facility to do the attachments in e-mails, I want the user to select multiple files.

Thomas, Plz share the link for the code or tuturial on this.

Thanks once again 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirza,

see below link it willbe helpful

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2270.

Regards,

Venkat

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you want the users to select the files, then you will have to look at FlashIslands. The ACFUpDownload UI element doesn't have a file dialog until 7.02.  The page with the sample for the Flex based multiple file uploader is here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EmTech/IslandsWDA_MUploader

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks to all...now i m not going to use multiple selection thing as it is not possible 🙂 i m using fileupload n filedownload ui elements only... 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge there is no way You can upload multiple files at the same time. But you can create a table with FILEDOWNLOAD UI element. Once the user uploads the file, you can show the file in this table. The user can upload files one by one and they get added to the table. You can also provide a delete button for each row in the table from where the user, if wants, can delete a file.

0 Kudos

Hi Khushboo,

Thanks for ur reply..

I have done the same but my requirement is to select multiple files for upload. Are u sure that multiple file selection is not possible? I saw in some threads where the UI element ACFUPDOWNLOAD can be used but it is not explained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure. But there is a blog by Thomas Jung about it. You may want to refer this.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2270