cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party return(TASG) not picked up by VF04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When we do a third party return it will not pick up the Credit memo request in VF04.  If I try and create the credit memo via VF01 it creates without a problem.

We have copied Item category TASG to meet our companies specifics but billing relevance is still set to F.

The steps I have followed to get to this point are:

1, Create a standard order item category TAS

2, convert the POR to PO

3, Miro invoice against PO

4, VF04 for standard order

5, Create a 3rd party returns order with reference

6, Convert POR to PO

7, Miro Credit note against PO

8, Attempt to process VF04 for 3rd party returns order - Does not pick anything up or give any error message.

9, if created via VF01 it is created correctly

In have tried pushing the Billing date out to the future and this makes no difference.

Can anyone explain what config settings might be affecting this begin picked up in VF04.

Regards

Alan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

please check the SAP notes 210500, 210561, 210558.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that, I've had a look through these a few times and we have met the requirement of having completed LIV(miro).  My concern now is that it might be due to the fact that this is a third party return and not purchase.  Does SAP expect third party returns to be made to ourselves or to the third party?

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

than I cannot say.

If the sales order is billeable by VF01, then VBUP-FKSAA is correct.

But if it is not billeable by VF04, then somehow table VKDFS has not the record.

Please verify by SE16.

Please try to run report RVV05IVB for the sales order with flag 'Billing index' and check if the VKDFS has the record. If it hasn't, then you could debug the report RVV05IVB (breakpoint in from AP_01 in program LV05IFAP).

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivano,

Thanks for this.  I tried and have passed a few more test cases through and found some strange results.

I completed the following tests:

raise 3rd party order (VA01)

Convert to PO (ME59n)

Post invoice (MIRO)

Run VF04 - Correctly shows invoice.

Create 3rd party returns order (VA01)

Convert to PO (ME59n)

Update returns flag on PO Item

Post Credit Note (MIRO) * Check VKDFS & VBUP-FKSAA no updates

Run VF04 - no results.

Now the strange thing is a repeated this test and didn't set the return flag on the PO.  It wouldn't let me post a credit note to the 3rd party return PO so I tried to post an Invoice.  It allowed me to post the credit note as an invoice, this did update VKDFS & VBUP-FKSAA  and then when I tried to output the customer credit via VF04 it did pick the document up?

Why would a 3rd party customer return expect an invoice against the PO?

Sounding like a bug to me.  I'm going to escalate to our remote support team to log with SAP.

Thanks for your support

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From further investigation by a colleague this is not support by SAP.

They allow you to sell from a third party but do not allow a direct return.  I'm not sure what the reason for this is?

Thanks

Alan

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

your colleague is correct.

I just found the SAP note 751609 explaining that this functnioality has not been developped.

I'm sorry for the negative answer.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check OSS Note 301254 - Creation of billing index  on how the documents get updated in billing index tables.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the note - now I am looking at how VBUP-FKSAA gets updated following the MIRO transaction.

This might help.

Thanks