cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP: Notes dissapear from planning book after realignment of "Location"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Running R/3 and APO in SCM 5.0 environment.

Executed a realignment of a certain POS for all products from location BE01 to new named location BE02. Realignment went fine but it was noticed that the notes which have been entered in the planning books on CVC level were not always realigned to the new location BE02. Meaning that users could not find back their notes in the planning book on location BE02. After some investigation, I found out that only notes which had been entered on a selection id in the planning book, which did not contain location BE01, were correctly realigned and appeared in the planning book.  Only the notes entered in the planning book with a selection id containing a selection on location BE01 could not be found back in the planning book if you searched the materials with selection on location BE02.

The notes still remain in the Note Overview table in transaction MSDP_ADMIN, that specific POS, Goto-> Note Overview.

So the question is: why are notes, entered on a specific location BE01, not realigned together with the realignment of the POS to new location BE02.

The transaction /SAPAPO/RLGCOPY is apparantly not able to execute the realignment of the Note Overview table as well.  Is this a bug or am I forgetting something?

Can someone advice what to do?

Many thanks,

Stef

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stef,

You can check the realignment log using t.code /SAPAPO/LOGMANAGE. You may have some useful information here and useful for further analysis.

Since it is related to SAP standard program, it would be better to raise a ticket with SAP with available information in the log.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh,

This is the info I got for each step of the realignment:

- Realign liveCache data

- liveCache time series realigned successfully

- realignment of generated selections in planning area xyz

- realignment of 'complex', generated selections  is not possible

- realignment of generated selections in planning area Forecast_SIMULATIONS_ONLY_M2

- realignment of 'complex', generated selections  is not possible

- the realignment of generated selections was successful

All steps are in green status except for the 2 lines with realignment of 'complex' ...., which are in warning status (yellow).  But in this overview of /SAPAPO/LOGMANAGE, there is no mentionning of notes realignment.  I also can not go any further into detail as I want to find out what is meant with 'complex' generated selections.

Has it maybe to do with a potential discrepancy between the chars you choose to be realigned in the Create/Change Table option of /SAPAPO/RLGCOPY and the Notes Overview table in the Planning Area (via MSDP_ADMIN)?

Thanks again for feedback.

Rgds,

Stef

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stef,

The message "realignment of 'complex', generated selections  is not possible" appears if you attempt to realign multiple characteristics.

For example, you have a couple of characteristics location and product in your MPOS.

Possible values for Location - L1 and L2

and that of Product - P1 and P2

Assume, your realignment step is

L1 => L2

P1 => P2

Then, the system throws an exception with the above error message.

To avoid this, you may need to define multiple realignment steps as shown below.

Step1:

L1 => L1

P1 => P2

Step 2:

L1 => L2

P2 => P2

I considered a very basic and simple example for brevity. However, this explanation may not be applicable as you copied all the products from BE01 to BE02. Probably, try realigning a single product and ensure that there won't be any error messages.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Answers (0)