SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget duplication under consumed Budget-PR-RFQ-Contract-PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have Fund Management Configured in the system and all the process are working fine.

But in case, where a Contract is created from MM side after PR, at the time of PO the consumed Budget is Doubled.

For Example:-

Normal Scenario-

PR - Rs1000

PO - Rs1000

GR - Rs1000

IR - Rs1000

The consumed Budget remains 1000.

Contract Scenario

PR - Rs1000

Contact - RS1000

PO - Rs1000

GR - Rs1000

IR - Rs1000

The consumed Budget doubles i.e. Rs2000 at the time of PO. and Contract is not updating in Val.Type Text.

We have done the configuration of Comp Code Group, assignment to Comp Code, Maintained Data for integration Scenario with Document Category as Reservation and 11 as document type. MM doc type is also created with CP Active.

Request you to please let me know in case I am missing any configuration.

Awaiting Your Response.

Regards,

Ravindra

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The flow with contracts should normally go like this (assuming that you set the integratnio):

Contract creation - EMF of reservation tyre is generated - PR creation (linked to EMF) - PO creation (linked to PR).

In this case, contract by generating EMF will consume budget, PR will consume EMF, PO will consume PR, etc. So, the budget consumption will remain on the same level as it was during contract creation. Please, check that you have this flow (business-wise), because if you create PR without linking it to EMF generated by contract, then obviously you'll have double consmuption: the first from PR and the second from the contract via EMF.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for the reply.

In the normal process of PR, PO, GR and IR - Earmarked Fund is not getting created at all. Just the consumed Budget remains same and plus minus is happening on the same value.

In case of the process PR-Contract-PO-GR-IR, Earmarked Fund is getting created at the time of contract in our case.

Is their any config or process needs to be followed in the above case to consume Earmarked at the time of PR only?

Also when we create PO after raising the contract with earmarked Fund, we are receiving the error "Open Amount from Document ________ exceeded by Rs____"

How do we update open amount in case of Contract?

The scenario is new to me. request you to please help me out.

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Ravindra

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Of course, without a contract EMF is not required, though possible. With contract the flow would be framework contract first and then PR. In your case PR comes first?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Yes the process is first PR, RFQ and than Contract followed by PO.

As per my analysis from discussion with you, we need to create PR with earmarked Fund, but if this is the case, how do we do it?

Could you please help us.

Regards,

Ravindra

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I didn't say you need it: it's just one of possible business scenarios. What I don't understand, why would you need budget consumption on contract phase at all if you consume it already with PR and PR precedes the contract? With PR you consume the budget and with contract you also want to do it separately... Either don't do it on PR phase (with statistical update) or don't do it with contract.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, we have the same business scenario as Ravindra, our flow is PR - Contract - PO. We have activated FM and our customer’s requirement is to check and commit budget at the earliest possible stage (PR).

Furthermore, each PR item needs to commit budget for the current and/or following fiscal years (based on delivery dates). Budget commitments must also be adjusted and monitored in all subsequent stages (Contract, PO). Namely, the requirement is to have PR 100, Contract 80, PO1 20, PO2 30 (Total 50) etc.

We are evaluating the use of the Commitment Plan in Contracts, but we discovered that commitment plan cannot reduce previous budget commitment from PR.

We also evaluated the creation of an earmarked fund reservation instead of PR commitment (we set PR update in FM as statistical), but this reservation cannot be referenced in Commitment Plan either (although we have made the appropriate customizing so that commitment plan generates earmarked fund precommitments, still we cannot enter in Commitment Plan the reservations to be reduced by the generated precommitments).

What would you advice in this case? Thanks in advance!

Kyriakos