cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically setting quotation status to 'Expired'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have a project requirement wherein whenever the current/system date is greater than the 'Valid To' date of a quotation, the status of the quoation should automatically changed to user status 'Expired', provided the quotation is in 'Open' user status. So, suppose at midnight, as soon as the system date changes from 2/6/12 to 2/7/12, all the quotations in 'Open' user status for which the 'Valid To' date was 2/6/12 should be set with user status 'Expired'.

Now, I understand that the standard method COMPLETE_DOCUMENT can be assigned to an action within the quotation action profile to achieve this requirement. However, since this method changes the system status to 'Completed', how do I link this to my user status 'Expired'? Does the method COMPLETE_DOCUMENT check the 'Valid To' date or would that start condition need to be added in the action definition?

Also, in the 'Processing time' in the action definition, we have 3 options:

• Immediate processing
  • when saving
  • using selection report

For the above requirement wherein the quotations need to be scanned in the background and status needs to be changed, which one ut of the 3 options above do I select in the action definition?

Would really appreciate any inputs on the points above.

Regards,

Aditya Mishra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You may ned to configure action profiel with method call which chanegs the satus.

make sure in action profiel configuration you mae it as using selection report which will scheduled as batch job in system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivaram,

Thanks for your inputs.

So the solution would be:

1. Schedule a daily batch job to generate a report of all the quotations for which the 'Valid To' date has been exceeded
  2. Assign method COMPLETE_DOCUMENT to action profile (action) and choose processing time as 'Usine selection report'.

How do we link/assign the report generated by the batch job to the action?

Also, how do I link the system status 'Completed' to user status 'Expired'?

Regards,

Aditya Mishra

former_member182315
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yaa,

My Requirement: When the quotation end date is greater then the current date then change the status to "Expired".

Can you please help me, you have any idea if we follow the standard approach whether I am following the given below steps properly?

In action definition :

Method : COMPLETE_DOCUMENT

Element : STATUS

Name STATUS

and data type CRM_J_STATUS.

The inital value is the code  "QUEX" - (quotation expired)

In the start condition I am defining the validation the current: Quotation Valid To& >=(greater then & equal) %Current Date%.

Regards

Vani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I invite you to read which provide an example of a similar process that yours. You just have to adapt the conditions to answer your business needs.

Have a great day!

Maxime.