Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Crystal Reports: Missing UTF8 characters experienced during PDF Export

Hi,

I've been troubleshooting this problem for a few days by now. And now it seems I've rounded up the problem to be due to PDF export. I have some middle english characters that are in the UTF-8 character set. For eg, Middle English yogh character -> ȝ. However, for some very strange reasons, I'm not seeing them turn up in my database fields in Crystal Report. But when I physically copied them into say a text object, then they look ok.

Here's what was displayed:

Notice the 2 circled text. They are the same middle english character but the latter one is from a database field and the header is where I copied the text into. I'm using the same font for both the header text and the details text. Arial Unicode MS and it is confirmed that the font supports the UTF-8 character in question.

I also double checked my object having that field, it is correctly set when I viewed via debugging mode. Also I have no trouble exporting the same report to Excel or Word. The character comes up right in both document format.

Thanks. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Oh yeah, here's the code snippet I'm using for the export:

fileName is just a string value. Nothing fanciful here in case you're wondering...

_report.ExportToDisk(ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat, fileName);

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question