Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear the context of reusable component problem

sreenivas_pachva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi every one,

This issue regarding cross component in webdynpro.

how to clear the context node of reusable component from where we are using that component.

example component_1 used in component_2

i want clear the context node of component_1 from component_1.

could you help me  as early as possible..

Thanks in advance

Sreenivas P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are doing context mapping of the Reuable component's Node to some node in your component, then you just have to invalidate your node and the mapping will take care of the rest.

If you are not using Context mapping, you can call an interface method of the re usable component that can invalidate the context node.

sreenivas_pachva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

Sachdev provide sample code which you have explained.

I was not maintaining any context in second component. just invoke method of component_1  from second component action method .I have created context node in first component. I want that context node reference in second component.How to get that context node reference in component_2

Best Regards

Sreenivas Pachva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Component 1 is the reusbale component. Component 1 has a context Node. If you want the reference of this node in Component 2, then:

1. Mark the context node in Component 1 as Interface node. ( You will see a checkbox in the component 1's context node properties )

2. After step 1, When you create the usage of Component 1 in the Component Controller of Component 2, you will be able to see the Context Node.

3. Just drag and drop the node from Right to left i.e. context of Component 1 to Context of Component 2 in the component controller of Component 2.

You wil get the reference of the node.

sreenivas_pachva
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank u

i got the idea how to get the reference of component1 context node in component2

when we create the node must maintain the interface node property yes as well as input element(ext) property : yes

This is nothing but external context mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.

This is not External Context Mapping.

Extenal Context Mapping would be if,

1. In Component 2, You go to InterfaceControllerUsage.

2. In the InterfaceControllerUsage, Go to the usage created for Component 1

3. Now map Context of Component 2 to 1.

But what we are doing above is mapping context of component 1 to 2.

Hence External COntext Mapping would be the reverse mapping of what we did above.

Answers (0)