Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DMS

gurbirbhatia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all

We have SAP ECC6 EHP5 unicode system. I understand that we already have SAP DMS licenses. we only need to configure and  customize.

My query is regarding difference between Open Text-DMS and SAP Standard DMS.

We have primary requirements like we need to map our scanned document (non SAP like finance documents,policy docs, agreements etc) and optionally  SAP document(invoices with PO), mails with sales order and purchase order.

Kindly guide what can we do with standard SAP DMS

Gurbir Singh

NetWeaver Basis Administrator

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking at your requirement you can use SAP Content Server.  It is a pretty standard solution for DMS.

Regards

Amit Padmawar

gurbirbhatia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amit Padmawar

So, it means that my mention requirements can be fulfilled with DMS only, no need for open text dms solution.

Gurbir Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurbir it more depends on what your companies business needs are and how much of it SAP DMS can satisfy.  OpenText is good option but it comes with a price.

Also SAP is supporting SAP DMS but are they really investing into it ? Probably not.

Something for you to check with the SAP rep.

Regards

Amit Padmawar

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you talk to your SAP Account Manager?... He should be able to provide detailed info about the solution an its capabilities and even in some cases a demo.

Regards, Juan

gurbirbhatia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

Thanks for reply

Yes! I have already consulted with SAP representative. but i need to cross check him. because some other vendors are saying that SAP DMS will serve my purpose and also  on Internet, I am getting that all my requirements are fulfilled by SAP DMS but SAP person is recommending me Open text-DMS which involve hefty license cost

Gurbir Singh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but SAP person is recommending me Open text-DMS which involve hefty license cost

Seriosly?... Not very usual to hear that someone from SAP is recommending a 3rd party software when their own should do.

Regards, Juan

gurbirbhatia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Open text and SAP has collaboration and SAP is selling  the licenses for the same. SAP will gain from the License and enjoy 22% AMC after that

Gurbir Singh

gurbirbhatia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All

Kindly guide regarding SAP Standard DMS Solution

Gurbir Singh