SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create common business partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected,

I am creating a busines partner through t-code FPP1 and and I want this business partner to be used as sold to party during creation of sales order in sales and distribution.so  how can I use it  please suggest.

Thanks

avanish gulatee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nagarajan_mariappan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First u create the customer in SD with role as SP,SH,BP,PY.Number range for both IS-U and SD same.

IMG ----sap utilities--master data---business partner---Settings for Creating Standard Customers-----

Maintain Parameters for Creating Reference Customer in Standard System.

The customer you created in SD should give here in IS-U.

Then when u create BP in FPP1,Identification tab reference customer which u create in SD comes default once u done above customisation.

you have to give  the "GROUPING" ,which u created for the number range.

I think this will help u

regards,

Nags

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following thing.

In FPP1 , in the tab " Identification" there is a field called " Ref Customer", please check the same.

When a business partner is created, an standard SD customer that matches the role type is created with the same number in the background.

The customer entered in this field is used as a reference. All data relevant for SD is copied from the reference customer. Data that exists for the business partner in a similar form (e.g. name and address) is copied from here.

The following provides a short summary of the R/3 Business Partner – SD Customer concept in IS-U:

When creating or changing a business partner with the role Sales Prospect or Contract Partner, you can specify a sample customer (SD customer). This creates an SD customer with the same number as the business partner. Data is copied from the sample customer (tables KNA1, KNB1, KNVV, KNVP, KNVA, KNVI, KNVD, KNEX, KNVS and KNVL). Name and address data, as well as some additional fields, are transferred from the business partner. If the SD customer already exists, the system only transfers part of the data from the sample customer (only the sales and distribution areas that do not yet exist).

I hope this will help you out.

Regards

Sachin

nagarajan_mariappan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First u create the customer in SD with role as SP,SH,BP,PY.Number range for both IS-U and SD same.

IMG ----sap utilities--master data---business partner---Settings for Creating Standard Customers-----

Maintain Parameters for Creating Reference Customer in Standard System.

The customer you created in SD should give here in IS-U.

Then when u create BP in FPP1,Identification tab reference customer which u create in SD comes default once u done above customisation.

you have to give  the "GROUPING" ,which u created for the number range.

I think this will help u

regards,

Nags

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. I am creating a busines partner through t-code FPP1 and and I want this business partner to be used as sold to party during creation of sales order in sales and distribution. I created a reference customer. When i create BP in FPP1 a field "reference customer" has reference customer. But after i save the BP no SD customer created.

Thanks,

Serg 

0 Kudos

Hi Serg,

Did you create account group and number range in SD?

Did you create grouping ?

regards,

Nags

0 Kudos

I have open the the path but able to understand the terminologies .these are the terms --NCONV,CR,EC,MC,NR

0 Kudos

Hi John,

In that path u give Rcat--MKK ,NR--- which u create for BP in SD & IS-U(both should same).

Ref.customer -SD customer.

Did u create grouping for BP?

regards,

Nags

0 Kudos

Please tell is this correct config.

0 Kudos

Hi Nags,

I create account account group and number range in SD. I define this number range for the automatic creation of Sales and Distribution (SD) customers for business partners in IS-U. I can create BP in FPP1 and customer in XD01. BP and Customer have the same number. But have no link. When i change BP, Customer does not changed.   

Thanks,

Serg 

0 Kudos

There is my settings.

0 Kudos

Hi Serg,

For Rcat:MKK, Ncon: MUST, NR: XX (number range should be same in both SD/IS-U), 

Ref.Cust: 1(first customer created in SD.

First did u complete full customization up to Customer creation in SD.

Did u complete the BP grouping?

regards,

Nags

0 Kudos

Nags,

I think, full customization is done. I can create customer in XD01. What do you meen BP grouping?

Serg   

0 Kudos

Serg,

By the BP grouping the SD & ISU replication happens.

In SD you have a ACCOUNT GROUP.

Similarly in ISU also have a GROUPING.

Menu path as follows:

IMG--- Cross applications component----SAP Business partner--- BP roles --- Number ranges and grouping.

1.Here you have to create Number ranges (should be same which u create in SD)

2.Then create Grouping(just naming convention) and assign the grouping to number range which u created above.

The link between the grouping and reference customer will happens.

In FPP1, top right corner grouping is there.you have to give that grouping and create BP.

Then in XD02,check the customer.

regards,

Nags

0 Kudos

Nags,

Thanks very much. Your answer was very clear. I did everything your say above. But customer does not created. I check it in XD02.

Serg

0 Kudos

Steps involved:

Enterprise structure.

1. The essential part of the SD structure must be created:

SPRO → IMG → Enterprise Structure → Definition → Sales and Distribution → Define, copy, delete,

check sales organization

1. Choose: Define Sales Organization: New Entries

For our purposes, the Sales Organization was created with the same key as the Company Code for

the electricity company:

1. Distribution Channel:

SPRO → IMG → Enterprise Structure → Definition → Sales and Distribution → Define, copy, delete,

check Distribution Channel

A single Distribution Channel is defined: xx: Distribution Channel xx.

1. Assign sales organization to company code

Enterprise Structure → Assignment → Sales and Distribution → Assign sales organization to

company code

Company Code xxxx was allocated to Sales Organization xxxx

1. Assign distribution channel to a sales organization

Enterprise Structure → Assignment → Sales and Distribution → Assign distribution channel to sales

organization

Sales Organization xxxx was allocated to Distribution Channel xx

1. Assign division to sales organization

Enterprise Structure → Assignment → Sales and Distribution → Assign division to sales organization

Sales Organization xxxx was allocated to Divisions xx.

1. Set Up Sales Area

Enterprise Structure → Assignment → Sales and Distribution → Set Up Sales Area

Sales Organization xxxx is allocated Distribution Channel xx which is in turn allocated to Divisions xx.

1. Assign Sales Office to Sales Area

Enterprise Structure → Assignment → Sales and Distribution → Assign Sales Office to Sales Area

Sales Organization  xxxx and Distribution Channel xx are allocated to Divisions xx.

1. Assign sales organization – distribution channel - plant

Enterprise Structure → Assignment → Sales and Distribution → Assign sales organization -

distribution channel – plant

Sales Organization xxxx is allocated to Distribution Channel xx and plant xxx

1.Define Account groups  for Customer Accounts

2.Define Number ranges for Customer Accounts

3.Assign Number Ranges to Customer Account Groups

4.Maintain Partner Determination

Now you create customer in SD.

Then do the IS-U settings which i told previously.

regards,

Nags

0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Nags.

I check customizing you wrote above. Found a mistake. Now it works properly.

Serg 

0 Kudos

Hi,

wher did you find the mistake

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS FOR ALL REPLY IT WORKED A LOT.