cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading file from website

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario this time is to download a file (using http protocol) but in the way of file adapter (ftp) way of connection (polling and schedule).

File should be polled x times a day.

I search forum and one solution is to create a BPM started by batch job with dummy message which will pick up file from the website by java proxy. I would like to avoid BPM and dummy message from SAP system.

I do some investigation, and find out that I can use a java proxy and use it in a client which will be scheduled on XI server. Does anyone created client application on WAS server which is scheduled? I found something which is called Timeout Service, but I do not know if this is right way to use it.

I would also want to know which will be easier and less time intensive to develop this scheduled java client or new adapter?

best regards

Dawid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is scheduling of adapters available from SP19.

Go thro this blog:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

Check if this helps you.

Regards,

P.Venkat

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

but it only goes for java adapters and he need to fetch a file

from http - there's no adapter for that

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your response. I will go with Timeout Service. Here You can find weblog with how to schedule message using this service:

/people/maksim.rashchynski/blog/2006/07/19/sdn-rss-feeds-spider-using-was-timeout-service

One more time thanks for help

br

Dawid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dawid,

Did you notice the comment by "Kiran Gangadharappa" on the weblog link you have mentioned? It warns of not using the TimeOut service in NW2004.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dawid,

Did you notice the comment by "Kiran Gangadharappa" on the weblog link you have mentioned? It warns of not using the TimeOut service in NW2004.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

before J2EE1.4 you could have scheduling only with a comercially available product like Flux or open source implementations like Quartz(http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/). If you are ok with a open source use in your application then I think better way is to have a Java proxy , which would be scheduled using Quartz.

J2EE 1.4 has classes like

TimedObject

TimerService

Timer

TimerHandle

which can help you schedule your EJBs..

Former Member
0 Kudos
MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>I search forum and one solution is to create a BPM started by batch job with dummy message which will pick up file from the website by java proxy. I would like to avoid BPM and dummy message from SAP system.

you can also do it like this:

start a BPM with a dummy message - this BPM will only start an

async java proxy that will fetch the file and post it to XI (with no BPM - just to

a java proxy server)

this way you will only use a BPM to call fetching the file

but it will not process it anymore

what you need to consider it the use of application acknowledgments

(so you will know that the proxy worked)

also the configuration for the proxy call (http dest etc)

will have to be stored somewhere (web interface to configure)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I would like to avoid BPM at all. I would rather go for custom adapter then BPM (I have to learn something new(-: ) or java proxy client.

br

Dawid

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dawid,

why dont you go the standard way? A poll intervall can be configured for sending File/FTP adapter, so <i>File should be polled x times a day</i> isnt a problem.

Regards,

Udo

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

but file adapter works with FTP and not HTTP directly right ?

Regards,

michal