Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMI Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well !

Guys, I just learned that, if a VMI order has an incorrect/missing master data and if the queue of such order gets stuck in the R/3 inbound, then you shouldnt delete this queue. The reason for not doing so: If the Queue is deleted before the correction of master data, then the order cannot be RECONCILED (//ccr report) again. Which means, that this deleted order cannot be then sent to R/3 again.
Hence, it is recommended to keep the SYSFAIL Queue in R/3 inbound as it is, correct the master data first and then let the queue process. .

I am not sure if this above assumption is right or not. . But for sure I understand, that there must be something out, in case the above is true.

Do let me know your comments. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

PP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PP,

Pretty vague question.  If you are talking about the VMI sales order created in APO during the VMI planning process, then yes, CCR will reconcile.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/38/db4b227f705a48912ec2e61d9c52aa/frameset.htm

As a general rule of thumb, one should delete queues ONLY after fully researching the root cause, and then determining that this is the only solution.  In general, you only delete a queue when you know for sure that the destination will never need the data, or that you know that your corrective action will be to re-send the data.  There are far too many instances when 'helpful' users decide to delete queues, and rely on CCR to 'fix' the problem.  This is short-sighted and risky.

Best regards,

DB49