cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Plan - Milestone

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have several questions. We are doing testing for implemtation and during negative testing we found something that happened and we don't know why.

1. We created a sales order and it was for $1500. For negative testing i entered in a value downpayment of 3000 and it took and created the request. Why would the system allow this? Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Config Questions:

1. What is the difference from Billing Rule 1 and Billing Rule 4? I can't find the config for these so i am presuming that these are set in SAP and cannot be changed.

2. If we want to sometimes use percentage downpayments in billing plan and sometimes use Value downpayments do we need Billing Plan Types and a new Item catagory IE TAO for percentage and TAA (or something) for values

3. What is the purpose of the default date category? I am not seeing where it can be changed in the order anyway.

Can someone please help me with these quesitons

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find my answers.

1. When you create a downpayment, it will always allow you to provide a percentage more than 100% or a value more than actual item value. This is also a logical case in business in some industries. However when a final invoice is created, the final invoice will take care of all the previous values and only accordingly the resultant value is updated for the final invoice.

2. It is possible to put % sometimes and value some other times for downpayments. You should accordingly change your billing rule. There are specific billing rules for % and values. B.rule 1 is for percentage basis and 2 is for value basis. B.rule 3 indicates that you are doing the last and actual invoice.

3. You may not be able to change the date category as it is determined based on the billing rule and other values like the Milestone usage you give in your billing plan. If you use project systems, based on your milestone usage, the date categories are automatically determined. The date category decides the billing types which need to be used in the billingplan along with the billing rule and billing block. If the milestone usages are used in PS, then we can decide the date category automatically based on milestone usage in tcode OPSR. Once this is decided in PS, then the billing block, b.rule and b.type will be determined automatically in SD billing plan.

Hope this clears your doubts. Lemme know if u need more info.