Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport/Shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

My business process in legacy is

Plant-->Truck-->Rail Car-->Temp Location-->Truck (at Yard)-->Customer

Currently We have plant from their we move materials from trucks to rail car.Multiple trucks comes to the plant and fill these rail car and once these rail cars are full they traveled to temp location.At these temp location trucks come and fill with these material(We do scaling to track the load on truck) and goes to their Yard.Once they are on yard customer service called these guys and tell them about  End customers .Once they know the end customers these  carries (Truck ) delivery to them.Customers send the Fax to customer service after receiving the material and these guys they enter the order in the system after that.Plant has the access of the inventory till the Rail Car after that they don't have the visibility of inventory.

Question for you guys how I can do this process  in SAP ? .We don't know the end customers when these materials leave from the plant.We come to know about customer once the material is at Yard location.

Please let me know the best way to achieve this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can achieve this by creating your Temp Location  as plant . You have to make STO from your actual plant to Temp Location ( New Plant to be created  ) and once you know the customer details you can create sales order and deliver it thru New Plant .

By this way you can track everithing till deliver, invoice creation , payment receipt , shipment cost  in SAP.

Hope this helps.

REgards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh srry for the late reply.Temp location is actually belongs to another company code and if you do intercompany between 2 plants how I track the inventory truck and rail.

Thanks