cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to SFTP approach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have  a requirement like this File(NFS)-----PI----FILE(SFTP)...

Here i am getting file from text format in application server Pi will pick that and place the file(txt)  in SFTP server of 3rd party system.

In sender CC for this i used FCC  bcz it is in txt format.

But i dnt knw PI not able to pick the file and place it in sftp.

Source and target structure same,CC for sender and Receiver also working.

Can anyone let me know on the same.

Regards

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan. When you talk about SFTP do you wanna talk about FTP over SSL or SSH ??

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>But i dnt knw PI not able to pick the file and place it in sftp.

Few cents...

a) Your statement shows the fcc conversion could be a problem.That is your conversion parameters converts the text file to xml source structure. Please check the file sender communication channel error log. Also check any problem in the mapping during pipeline steps.

b)  Also check the file permission set for read,write, access for PI to pick the file. You can use command

chmod filename.txt  777

c) If the problem is at receiver side then see whether your PI supports SFTP protocol. Are you using pi 7.3 or pi 7.11

d) Go RWB and see adapter engine log for the file sender related message processing.You will get more details.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

I am using 7.3 version.SFTP adapter also installed.

CC are perfectly running.

Can you send me the FCC parametrs how to set up for this....

nearly 100 records will be application server path in txt format and pi will pick them  and place it in target server/.

and o/p also same format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why are u doing FCC, as suggested already u can try to have ID configs only bypassing the ESR objects?

Is there something i am missing out in this discussion?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't see the image enlarged. Do you need to convert the text file data to xml format ?  Or just need to do pass through without mapping? If so you dont need ESR objects as well fcc conversion.  What is your requirement?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Attach your text file with sample data,before that search in scn to understand the FCC configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to convert the txt file into txt file. so i am having confusion to use FCC in both sender and receiver .Just pi will pick file and place it in target server.

sample file

Can anyone let me know whether i want to use fcc or not here.if i want to use send me the how to use in content conversion tab.

please.

Regards

Kalyan

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you dont want structure conversion then try using only ID configuration but you should have SFTP adapter to be installed on your system.

If you have PI7.11 and above then you can download SFT adapter from service market place else you have to buy third part adapters.