cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MATMAS schema Import to import manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am doing a scenario R3 - XI - MDM scenario....

I loaded standard repository to MDM console

I think i need to load standard Import maps to data manager. Please correct me if i am wrong ..

I tried to load standard MATMAS05 idoc in import manager but i am not able...

Please let me know how to proceed with.

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I think i need to load standard Import maps to data manager. Please correct me if i am wrong ..

Please let me know how to proceed with

When you are using standard content you need not carry out many steps unless you want to extend the standard content,all you have to do is get xml file based on MATMAS idoc and carry out following steps for manual import:

• Extract data from ECC using MDM_CLNT_EXTR and convert the Idoc to xml using PI.
  • When using Import manager,choose xml schema as “MATMAS05.xsd” or “MDMMATMAS05_*.xsd”
  • Connect Import manager to the file.
  • Once Import Manager opens up,go to File->Open->_MATMAS.(Please check I do not recall the exact map name)
  • Check for field mappings and value mappings.

Please note you should have reference data imported before main table import.

For further details please refer SAP note 1355137.

It will be worthwhile to have a look at what all is provided with standard content for better understanding -

The MDM Material content consists of:

-> Material repository

-> Material specific Pi content

->Material specific Portal content

-> Material specific content for remote system extractors MDMGX and MDM_CLNT_EXTR

-> Sample Data

Please feel free to come back with query(s)

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Import Manager GUI is used to create/modify/Export/Import MAP'S, where as Data Manager GUI is used to Cleanse/Maintain/de duplication etc. So when ever you want to create/modify/export or Import a map, you will have to login to Import Manager GUI

Note : When you unarchive a standard repository in Console, Standard import maps are also loaded.

To check the loaded/existing maps follow the below path.

1. Login to the Import manager.
  2. Select the Type (Excel/Access/XML/DB etc)
  3. Select the Remote system
  4. Select the File.

MATMAS Schema has to be uploaded first in the XML Schemas table which is available under the Admin Node in Console GUI.

Note : The standard MATMAS Schemas is loaded in MDM when you unarchive a standard repository.

Follow the below path to check the MATMAS Schema.

1. Open the console.
  2. Mount the server.
  3. Connect to the repository.
  4. In the Console Hierarchy Tree Open the Admin Node.
  5. Under the Admin node, select the XML Schemas
  6. On the Right hand side in the XML Schemas pane you can see all the standard XML Schemas loaded.

Below links might help you understand the Integration Scenarios

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1291178

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/f062dd92-302d-2a10-fe81-ca1be331303c

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganapathi

But how can i load my source structure as MATMAS idoc in MDM

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

When you extracte the main table data, ECC generates IDOCs, these IDOCs are converted into XML files by using PI(Process Integration) and these XML files are loaded into MDM using either Import Manager or Import Server.

Now for the MDM to read these XML files, the XML schema(source structure) has to exist in XML Schemas table in Console, hence their Schemas are to be uploaded first into the XML Schemas table, these schemas will have ".xsd" as extension.

Now if you want to import Material data, you will have to load two source structures

1. Source structure of the Main table(needed to Import main table data)

2. Source structure of the Lookup tables(needed to import the lookup tables data).

To get these source structures(Schema) of the main table (MATMAS) you will have to use the transaction MDM_CLNT_EXTR.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50260ae5-5589-2910-4791-fc091d9bf...

To get the source structure of the lookup tables you will have to use the Transaction MDMGX.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMDM/MDM+Generic+Extractor

Hope this helps

Rgds,

Prasad.