cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assistance class

Former Member
0 Kudos

can any one can give me a good example of assistance class.

1) I have created on ABAP CLASS and fetch the data , and also add that abap class in the component , and wd_assist atribute is also created but i am not able to write the logic .

please give me the logic after looking at the screenshots . my method name is GETDATA in SE24 (abap class). now i want to call this method to fetch the data through the instance wd_assist , but i am getting error , please tell me how to use this , is this similar to service call , there we call method by the attribute wd_comp_controller.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please provide a screen shot of the error you are getting or else atleast describe it in detail so that I can suggest you a solution.

Thanks

Phani

former_member282968
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use assistance class as service call like below:

1.Go for service call and select the assistance class method in the "select service type" wizard.

2.Select the adapt type of the interface parameter as context node so that you can bind the interface parameters to the UI elements.

3.On completion of the service call wizard there will be a component controller method created with the name execution_'Method name selected'.The required import and export parameters gets created as the component controller context nodes.

4.Use the parameters of the context node for the appropriate UI element.

5.For the action where the method has to be called use code wizard and select the method execute_ "method name" from the "Method call in used controller"  radio button.

or

You can also call the assistance class method inside the eventhandler method without making service call like below:

wd_assist->get_data( exporting IM_matnr   = IM_matnr

IM_mtart    = IM_mtart

IM_mbrsh  = IM_mbrsh

importing itab           = itab ).

create the context node as per the interface parameters and use bind_table with the reference to node and bind the table to the context node table.

The difference is that the service call creates the parameters automatically.

With regards,

former_member209920
Active Participant
0 Kudos

what error are you getting... ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Please make sure that your class inherits from CL_WD_COMPONENT_ASSISTANCE class

2. use statement WD_ASSIST->GET_DATA( ) to call the method.

Please also tell more about what error you are getting?