cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am currently exploring the functionality of the Serial number in SAP. Following are the requirements from the Client:

1. The client wants the system to allow them to assign and activate the Serial number profile and activate after the material has been created and the stock still exists in the system. I know we can activate it by reducing the stock to zero and then directly putting Serial number profile using MM02 but that will be in the best practices way, can any one suggest the best way to deal with this? Is there are way to activate keep stock and the serial number are then used for the Stock materials?

2. The client wants to use the Stock Transfer Process between the plants in which the supplying plant has the material Serialized and in Receiving Plant the same material is extended but without the Serial number profile. The client can also have the STO between the Vis-a-Versa situation. We created an outbound delivery( for 1st case)  but when the goods issue was tried the system gave an error message which was that the serial number profile is different. Is there any alternative solution to handle this?

3. Whenever we create the Serial number either by IQ01 or during the MIGO, the system creates an Equipment number along with the Serial number in the background which is saved in the EQUI table. We are trying to find a way that the system can stop creating the Equipment numbers in the background. The Serial number profile is being assigned at the material and have been created under Plant Maintenance and Customer Service. Can any one please suggest a way out in which the system can be configured to NOT create the Equipment number in the background?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

AS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anoop,

Try configuring the serialization profile to fix the issues.  For #3, its a profile setting whether or not to create the equipment record, EqReq = 01.  For #1, you may want to create a new serialization profile that affords SerUsage = 01 (none) for each business transaction.  Then the profile can be added to all materials and at such time you want to begin serializing, you switch to a profile that now requires certain business transactions to require serialization.  As for #2, try the setting StkChk = No Stock Validation. 

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mike,

Thanks for the answers apprciate that, I have already thought and tried these options but Client in not happy to accept these and for #3 the EqReq =01, it does not work like that. Have already tried activating that and when used IQ01 a new equipment number saved in EQUI table everytime I used IQ01 or MIGO. 

For #2= its a smart suggestion but we are going to use the same Serial Number Profile globally and the system will not allow us to have no stock check in one and Stock check in the other.

for #1 its again the same as for #2 the same serial number profile globally so can not have different settings for each plant for the same Serial Number profile.

Thanks very much for replying.