SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter reading results for more than one reason

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to modify a device on the day it was billed

For this we reverse the bill. Then we change the meter reading date of the Internal MRO to one day back, but use the same meter reading result.

Then we make the modification on the device which creates a new meter reading document with a reason 16.

We want to supress the creation of the new document and use the previous MRO to store the reading with reason 16.

Any help.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi San,

Yes you can do this via some SPRO settings.

check this SPRO node

SAP Utilities--> Device Management--> Meter Reading-->Meter Reading Order-->Order Creation--> Define Priority of Meter Reading Reasons for Meter Reading Interval Check.

In this setting check the first column of "MR reason", adjust the MR reason priority of regular MRO over the MR reason "16" ( as per your requirement). I hope this will solve your problem.

I hope this will help you out.

Regards

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

But this did not solve the problem.

The system does not allow 16, 11 as a valid reasons.

Am getting the error "Meter Reading Reason Meter reading before program/ adjustment not permissible" 

0 Kudos

Hi San,

When you reverse the bill, check if you have cancelled/reversed the MRO as well, then you can try creating a new MRO with reason 16. Ensure you set the priority before that.

Regards

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

The system doesnt allow you to create MRO with the meter reading reason 16.

did u check in your system if it was possible for your case? 

0 Kudos

Hi San.

There is another option to get the MR for the particular device for the required MR reason. There is table TE609 (MR reason) , in this table, there is a field UPLOAD_FLAG, check this field whether it is active or not for the required MR reason(16,11).

Make it active and then go for the MR reading result using

BAPI  Meter Reading Document Upload for the device.

Hope this will help you out. For further clarification let me know.

Thanks

Arun