cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red mark in Set up status in Technical Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While configuring Technical Monitoring, System Monitoring, Template maintenance ( I am using Default Templates ) throwing the red alert in the Set up status, and Assignment Status as green,

Over all set up status as Red, the below error I could see in the log ,

The content for monitoring use case T_SYS_MON of MO sid~ABAP~<SID>was deleted

MO ~<SID>~ABAP~<sid>, type INSTANCE, will be configured with template "SAP ABAP 7.00 - 7.03" version 0005

Inconsistency in repository hierarchy: Child metric 0050568A163E02DEBCF32863256E4797 does not exist

Inconsistency in repository hierarchy: Child metric 0050568A163E02DEBCF34E85FF00513D does not exist Inconsistency

I have already implementeed latest version basic correction for sp04, Almost all the sap notes applied. Still it is giving the error as Inconsistency in repository Hierarchy.

Please guide,

Thanks,

Jansi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi

You could try to update the monitoring content to see if that makes a difference.

Go to SOLMAN_SETUP --> Technical Monitoring --> System Monitoring --> Step 2.8 update content --> go into EDIT mode --> click Import Content --> ignore the fact that you might have the same "VALID" active version and apply the content update

You might have to rerun certain monitoring&configuration setup steps again after the update.

This helped me solve a problem with self-monitoring where diagnostics agents would be down and no alerts where being triggered while everything was setup correctly according to the wizards (green, valid etc).

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Have done lot of time the content update, and re run the rest of the system monitoring steps

In my system i could see content version 5,6,7. but only 7, I can import and apply.

I done the same again.

Still the error persists. I am doing system monitoring. Where we dont have wily.

please see the attached.

Thanks,

Jansi

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

Did you also try rerunning the system monitoring configuration after applying the content update? I mean the configuration of the scenario and not the assignment of the templates to the SAP system. I would try that and afterwards try to reassign the templates.

The error message really refers to the repository (xml file based) so I would think it is related to the monitoring content. Perhaps you have bumped into an issue that was not yet known. In combination with keeping this question / thread going I would open a customer message.

SAP support did a good job helping me out on a problem with diagnostics agents not alerting:

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2012/05/24/solution-manager-71-...

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom.

Today I done all the things again,

I done the content update first, later I went and

1. Re executed System Preparation

2. Re executed all the steps in Basic config

3. Re executed all including check configuration steps with Managed system configuration

4. Now gone to Technical Monitoring, I choose Self Monitoring. Again It ends with the same error

Directory configuration for managed object SELF-MONITORING~SELF_MONIT ended with errors Inconsistency in repository hierarchy: Child metric SM_DIAG_AGT_COLL_CFG does not exist Inconsistency in repository hierarchy: Child metric SM_DIAG_AGT_COLL_CFG_GROUP does not exist

Inconsistency in repository hierarchy: Child metric SM_DIAG_AGT_COLL_RT does not exist Inconsistency in repository hierarchy: Child metric SM_DIAG_AGT_COLL_RT_EX_GROUP does not exist

Inconsistency in repository hierarchy: Child metric SM_DIAG_AGT_COLL_RT_GROUP does not exist

Inconsistency in repository hierarchy: Child metric SM_DIAG_AGT_COLL_RUNTIME does not exist

Inconsistency in repository hierarchy: Child metric SM_DIAG_AGT_EXCEPTION does not exist

Inconsistency in repository hierarchy: Child metric SM_DIAG_AGT_EXCEPTION_GROUP does not exist

Inconsistency in repository hierarchy: Child metric SM_DIAG_AGT_FWK_CONFIG does not exist

I found the SAP note Note 1588239 - Warnings in configuration: missing event hierarchy entries which is stating the same,but it is forSP01. But here we have SP04.

Both Java and ABAP are patched to Latest. Still I am getting this error.

I am not sure whether I missed out something, or Do I raised to SAP.

If any relevant SAP note found,please let me know.

Thanks,

Jansi

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi

I assume the cause is still the same as described in the OSS note. Have you checked that the correction is actually applied in the coding (despite the fact that you are on SPS04)?

It wouldn't be the first time that a correction disappears by accident a few stacks up ahead.

Kind regards

Tom

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

Perhaps you can check the existence of the metrics in the Alerting Directory Browser which you can find in the Technical Monitoring workcenter --> in the left lower pane click on Alerting Directory Browser

Then from the drop down box Navigation By choose Monitoring Use-Case and navigate to the Managed Objects under Solution Manager Self-Monitoring. There, double-click on the SELF-MONITORING~SELF_MONIT node.

This allows you to navigate through the objects that are referred to in the error message that you are getting.

In the right pane choose the tab Events and expand Self-Monitoring Scenario Performance -> Diagnostics Agent Data Collector Runtime -> Diagnostics Agent Data Collector Runtime -> Diagnostics Agent Data Collector Runtime

When you then check the tab Others in the lower right pane you should see the Technical Name SM_DIAG_AGT_COLL_RUNTIME.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Stil the issue not resolved, Opened SAP ticket, no reply yet,

I would like to get some info regarding self monitoring scenario template for Java instanc.

In Self Monitoring system automatically displays the technical scenario as SELF-MONITORING~SELF_MONIT, and inside only the ABAP instance assigned to the template configuration Custom Self-Monitoring Scenario Content" version 0999 But Java instance no template assigned.

screen shot as below,

may I know how can i assign the templates for the self monitoring scenario

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you managed to solve the issue. I'm currently stuck with the same error and would be glad if you could help me out .

Many thanks in advance,

Joschka

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

imaad_vasiq
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

In fact we are also facing this problem once the content upgrade is performed. Our observation is after the content upgrade whenever the standard template is assigned everything is fine but the problem comes the moment custom template is assigned.I could not find any note addressing this issue.

Regards

IMAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've get the same error message after the content upgrade.

Is there any solution?

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Holger