Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to limit TLB orders to a max of 'N' orders per day

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to model the below business scenario-

There is a Plant P and a Dist center D. A number of products move between plant and the dist center. Mode of transport is 'Rail'. A rail has a maximum capacity of 2,500 TO per trip. However the loading capacity at the plant is max two rails per day. Hence the rail movement between plant and the DC can be max two rails per day (which will carry different products all clubbed in a shipment).

How best this scenario can be modelled?

Possible option-

1. Define the max lot size in the T Lane as 2500 TO

2. Define a transportation resource with a capacity as 2500x2=5000 TO

3. Define consumption in the prod spec MOT

If I do the above, I will be able to split the per product order after 2500 TO and can have max 2 rail trips per day. However when I run TLB, even if I give TLB parameter of weight as max 5000 TO, it will consider order consolidation of different products to the limit of 5000 TO and will generate number of orders with a multiple of 5000 TO. But it will not limit the maximum number of orders as two per day OR the maximum weight that can be transported per day as 5000.

Any pointer would be very helpful.

Regards

Manotosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manotosh,

TLB doesn't meet your requirement. You may need to use TP/VS to restrict number of shipments per day based on vehicle resource capacity.

P.S.: Transportation Management is advanced version of TP/VS application.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanx for your revert.

I was just thinking that can we have an enhancement for TLB parameters and then on TLB run to consider this scenario?

Regards

Manotosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Any pointer would be very helpful.

Regards

Manotosh

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manotosh,

You can check user exit APOSP006 i.e. EXIT_SAPMSNPUSER_006 - Modify the TLB Shipment Orders Before Writing. Probably, this user exit allows to you set the cap on number of orders generated (may be using a custom table to track the orders generated).

Thanks,
Rajesh

Answers (0)