Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will removing CUA delete all users and roles in central system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

We have implemented CUA in our systems recently.But due to some reason, we have to remove CUA.

So if delete CUA , Will it delete the users and roles which were actually created before CUA implementation?

Please provide a solution.

Regards,

Deepak

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

no fear.... locally existing users and roles will not be deleted.

of course role information from child systems are removed - as only their header information has been transferred to the central system.

Users which existed only in child systems (no system assignement to central system) won't also be deleted, but get a 'lock' flag (locked globally, although there is no CUA anymore).

b.rgds, Bernhard

5 REPLIES 5

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

no fear.... locally existing users and roles will not be deleted.

of course role information from child systems are removed - as only their header information has been transferred to the central system.

Users which existed only in child systems (no system assignement to central system) won't also be deleted, but get a 'lock' flag (locked globally, although there is no CUA anymore).

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Bernard was to fast for me, I was still looking for notes while he wrote his post 🙂 I agree with what he wrote.

I found: Note 197728

0 Kudos

sorry... 😉

0 Kudos

Thanks Bernhard.

Deleted CUA .. But can you tell me what is the impact on system after deleting CUA ??

means what area get affected after deleting CUA??

Regards

Deepak

0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

what do you mean?

the central system is a standalone system again, as well as all the former child systems.

Some CUa related customizing is not deleted (WE20, BD64-stuff), the other CUA-related tables are cleared as far as I know.

What you might want to consider are the cahnge documents for users, as they are now not connected anymore .... So in your child systems its now kind of day 0 for changelogs as former changes might have been performed by the RFC-user (if not trusted was in place).

And... your admins ned now admin rights in all the child systems (if not trusted RFC has been used in the past).

b.rgds, Bernhard