Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Commitments

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have available budget 60,00,000/- against a wbs as seen from S_ALR_87013558 and the system status of wbs is ISBD. Here I am thinking of CJEN->CJBN and then program RKANBU01/RKACOR04. Am I correct here?

Now, I checked the same in DEV client with -ve available budget against a wbs and system status ISBD for the wbs. I ran CJEN->CJBN and then program RKANBU01, what i see now is that Budget overall and Actual Overall column are showing "0" values in S_ALR_87013558. please suggest what has gone wrong.

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor

This message was moderated.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

surjitsingh1209
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Ankur

Kindly check you project budget in CJ30. If there is no budget then you first transfer your cost plant to budget using t code IMCCP3. Then check reports.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit ,

Budget is there in CJ30 and we are using Overall budget planning.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CJ31  Goto Extras > Availability control > Analysis

Then in the command line enter "=SUM" and press enter.

Analyse the availability control data here.

Hope you are aware that Budget availability control and S_ALR-...558 report may show different values. Budget control actually happens through availability control prog based on which the ISBD status is set if there is insufficient budget.

CJEN is for cost reconstruction.

You may also have to execute CJBN to reconstruct budget availability control.

rgds

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

First,Thanks for your response.And I am totally agree with you.But,

Budget control actually happens through availability control prog based on which the ISBD status is set if there is insufficient budget.

I saw available budget around (no tolerance limit achieved)in S-..558 report and ISBD on WBS in PRD server.

I thought of running CJBN->CJEN and RKANBU01 in SA38.I encountered the same situation in DEV server and ran the above mentioned. But, what happens now : S-AL..558 gives me overall & actual budget figures as"0". Why this is happening?

Does running RKANBU01 does any harm?

Please suggest.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ankur,

I hope you have done the reconsturction in correct sequence. ie. RKANBU01, CJEN, CJBN in order.

RKANBU01 will iron out the PR,PO commitments. I dont think it can do any harm.

Have you done availability control analysis using CJ31 > Extras > Availability Control > Analysis > Type "=SUM" in command line and enter. (as i suggested in earlier post). Expand all the nodes and analyse the same. Can you share the screenshot?

rgds

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Just wished to confirm one thing-why are you comparing the results of dev with production? is your devellopment an exact replica of the production in terms of all master and transactional data?

Thanks and Regards

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi B P,

I found two similar cases in both clients.But my area of concern is PRD. So, before running above mentioned programs/jobs in PRD, I thought of checking in it DEV client first. And on doing the same I got above mentioned discrepancies.Yes, we have refreshed our DEV client recently and it is an exact replica of PRD . And,if you feel any other doubt please feel free to post here.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Putting the other issues aside,one thing is for sure that if CJ30/31 is showing budget value then the same should be seen in the S_ALR_87013558 report.The suggestion may be too simplistic, but can you please recheck if the values you are seeing in the report is for Total Budget or Overall Budget.Generally speaking to see the overall budget you need to scroll to the extreme of the report.

Running RKAUNBU01 should have no effect on the allocated budget(CJ30).So at least this value should be reflected independent of anything as per my knowledge.

Thanks and Regards

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi B P & Saurabh,

I ran CJEN-> CJBN->RKANBU01 in the same sequence as it is mentioned here.Did I make it wrong?Saurabh, what analysis "CJ31 > Extras > Availability Control > Analysis > Type "=SUM"" can this process give when my concern is to see overall budget values in S-ALR..558 when there is value in CJ30,please suggest.I am attaching few screen shots which will give you exact picture of the issue.

As shown above we can see overall budget values in CJ30 but not in S_ALR..558. This is where I am stuck with after running CJEN-> CJBN->RKANBU01.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Did you check the settings of the report form in CJE5 (form 12KST1A). Check the characteristics for Budget/Actual columns. Hope that you might not have changed the standard settings.

Secondly try deactivating availability control using CJBW and then again reactivate it using CJBN (perhaps you might have tried this ealier)

Let us know the result.

Rgds

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Am also posting the standard characteristic settings for 12KST1A. Forgot to attach the same in earlier post. May be of some help.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

CJE5 settings are same as you showed in screen shot with value type 41,4,21,25 for column of budget,actual,commitment and remaining respectively.

I tried CJBW and then CJBN, but no gain.

In CJEN there is a check box"Delete" under processing options. Can this check box cause the error?

please suggest

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

If you use Delete checkbox in CJEN it would delete RPSCO table entries which is used for reporting.

By the way did you check the entries in RPSCO for all the value types for the respective OBJNR (object number) of these WBS elements and networks?

Rgds

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I saw several columns in RPSCO mentioning about period value & annual value as shown below:

But I am not able to get what to know from it.Also business wise what values are stored in this table?If, I am right it stores commitment values against project/WBS, please correct if I am wrong.

Please help

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ankur,

Refer to column Value Type (WRTTP).

4 = actual

1 = Plan

21 = PR commitments

22 = PO commitments

41 = budget

45 = budget release

If you dont have any values with value type 4 then actuals wont appear in report. Ditto for 41 for budget display and so forth.

These are just some value types. You may take F4 help on that column to find out more.

The values in columns referes to individual periods and annual values in periods. Refer to RPSCO table structure in SE12.

Rgds

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am posting a screen shot for your understanding

Also check the field VORGA (budget type)

KBUD = Budget

KBFR = budget release

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

The concept " If you dont have any values with value type 4 then actuals wont appear in report. Ditto for 41 for budget display and so forth" is absolutely correct but it should be applicable for all the projects S_Alr..558 reports and I am getting values (budget,actual overall) for other projects which should not come as per our concept.

Also, I executed RPSCO without giving any value type.

Where is the problem then.. please help

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

We are using overall budget values so I don't think of field budget release here.

Also,under VORGA I can see field RMBA & RMBE and could not see KBUD & KBFR:

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i mentioned earlier if there are no entries in RPSCO with Value Type =41 this simply means your report wont show the budget values. All cost reporting is done using RPSCO.

You need to reconstruct RPSCO which is done using CJEN. Now as you have already done that i understand you need to analyse the detail screen after running CJEN.

Try this

Step 1 :

Execute CJEN

Delete check box on

Detail list Check box on

Detail screen will show zero entries

Step 2:

Execute CJEN

Delete check box off

Detail list check box on

You will then get detail screen. Analyse this details for Value types i had mentioned in my earlier post.

If stil it doesnt work check if the budget entries are there in BPEG, BPVG, BPGE.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I found the entries in BPEG table but not in RPSCO.Also, I ran CJEN again with the selection criteria mentioned by you but now if I check S_ALR..558 I see "0" values again Budget, actual,remaining,commitment,assigned. previously I was able to see assigned,remaining & commitment values. But what was gone wrong now?

Also,What are the ideal processing option while running CJEN?

How can I populate data in RPSCO field?

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute step 2 as per my previous post. then RPSCO will be reconstructed.

rgds

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

YESSSSss I got the data in S_ALR..558.

Thanks a lot for your continuous help & support.

Thanks to BP & Surjit also.

Best Regards

Ankur

Answers (0)