0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I wanted views on the below mentioned scenario -

1. SC created in SRM

2. SC visible in sourcing cockpit

3. SC converted to RFx and sourcing is carried out

4. Contract is created at the end of sourcing exercise

After the contract is created,

1. Will this SC be still visible in the sourcing cockpit after creating the contract?

2. If yes, can a PO (classic scenario) be created using the same SC (even though Contract is created as a follow on document for the SC) ?

Thanks & Regards,

Amish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Will this SC be still visible in the sourcing cockpit after creating the contract?

-> Yes. It should be removed. BBP_GET_STATUS_2 program takes care of it.

2. If yes, can a PO (classic scenario) be created using the same SC (even though Contract is created as a follow on document for the SC) ?

-> No. Let's say If you create Contract first; SC should be removed from SOCO. Then how come can you create PO using same SC in SOCO? & vis-a-vis for PO. Then after PO should be created with the reference of contract.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for your reply.

However, the SC still remains as an open requirement till the time the PO is created against the SC.

In such a case, the SC should remain available in Sourcing - correct?

Please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Amish

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can wither create Contract or PO for SOCO SC. If you create any of it; SC will move out of SOCO.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For contracts, unlike POs, the difference between open and target quantities is not calculated to determine if the rest of the requirement is relevant for sourcing. This is the same behaviour also when the target quantity is reduced to zero (or rather the contract is deleted).

The creation of a contract for a shopping cart closes the cart once and for all, and hence any changes made to the contract will not make the shopping cart relevant for sourcing again.

When contract is created, SOURCE_REL_IND should be updated as Y.

At least this is the behaviour that I have in my system.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for the reply.

As per OSS 1319462 if we are able to reset the indicator I guess we will get the SC in the sourcing cockpit and hence create a follow on PO (classic scenario)?

Regards,

Amish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amish,

Which version of SRM are you on?

It is possible to create  a PO from SC for which RFX event has been carried out or a contract has been created.

Please check note:

Note 1319462 - Sourcing Indicator set after the creation of a contract

Regards,

Sushil.

Please assign points if you find my answer helpful / solves your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

We are on classic scenario SRM 7 EHP 1- the note does not mention anything specific to classic/extended classic.

So does it mean that once the sourcing indicator is reset using the BADI, we will have the SC in the sourcing cockpit and create a PO - which will be created in SAP ECC (as a classic scenario PO)?

Regards,

Amish

Former Member
0 Kudos

For backend contracts, this BADI may not work. Please check

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1950278