cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StreamTransformationException triggered by application mapping program mx/com/sap/cfd/mapping/JMapping71_ext; class java.lang.NullPointerException while trying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting this error in SXMB_MONI.

StreamTransformationException triggered by application mapping program mx/com/sap/cfd/mapping/JMapping71_ext; class java.lang.NullPointerException while trying

Can you please help us?

Thanks and regards,

Amol 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

The input XML might be missing some field which java code is expecting to come. Now this is what you can do.

1. Take the source XML payload and paste in browser to check all fields.

2. reduce the payload volume i.e the input xml to find out what minimum data is not giving any errors.

After you have indentified the field responsible for the error you need to add a message mapping before java mapping where default values will be put for each of the fields expected by java mapping code.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you seen below thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1913668

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavani Sankar,

Thanks for the reply.

I saw the thread you provided and I think the error has occurred as some field in the IDoc is not getting populated which is needed to generate the XML as per the conclusion of the thread.

But how will I come to know which field is not populated as there is only Java code implmented and I do not know much about Java.

Can you please help me in finding the field that is needed to be populated?

Thanks in advance

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you be specific about exactly what you want to achieve  i.e requirement in brief pls..

Thanks

Ayan Chaudhuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to take the request payload in moni then have to check in Mapping so if there is missing any field  , easy to find it......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your valueable replies.

As it is the Java mapping,so its dofficult to determine the field of the input idoc which should be populated to generate the xml.

How to determine it for Java mapping ?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take your payload of the idoc and test in interface mapping.

You can see the line no in the exception where the java mapping throwed an error .

So check your code then. But goin by error some mandatory field is not populated in idoc

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way sometimes is the brute force. You could use the instruction trace.addInfo before and after  generate the target xml with all the tags implied and later you research in the sxmb_moni what happen.

Regards