cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same material with different codes in different plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

There is same material created with different code in one of the plants. Earlier the same material code was used across all the plants.

The reason for creating a new material code is that this material has extra rebate in their one of the new plants and they want to track that. 

Earlier while creating the contracts only one line item was entered for all plants which they used to change as per the plant from which it used to be

dispatched.

The problem which they will face now after creating two different material codes is that they will have to enter two different line items in the contract and

due to which there will be no traceability of the Quantity disptached because the material is the same only the material code is different.

Is there any standard configuration that can be done for this?

For example, creating a master material code under which the subitem can be assigned.  The master material code will be entered in the contract and while

creating a sales order with reference to the contract, the system identifies the material code as per the plant entered.

In the Contract suppose the Master material code is entered as XYZ and under which two sub-items are assigned which can be 0001 for plant 2000 & 0002 for

plant 2010. And according to the plant entered in the sales order the system will store the corresponding material code.

Please let me know if there is any solution to address this issue.

Best Regards,

AnandK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

If you want to track the rebate of this material in your new plant, I think you can follow the credit memo it triggers. Anyway according to your request, do you want to solve this using sales bom?

Regards,

Phoebe

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Wt exactly u r facing to track the mateial

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

As I have written, while creating the contract the user has to enter both material codes. Like I said earlier the same material code was used across all the plants.

Now suppose the there is a contract signed for Material ABC for 100 tonnes. Now earlier the same material code was created 001 in all the plants for this material ABC and depending on the availability of the material only the plant was changed. Now what is done is that, for material ABC a new material code 002 has been created in one of the new plants. Due to which in the contract two line items have to be created for the same material ABC.

What I was looking for whether there is any option of creating one single Master Item code and adding the subitems to it.

Thanks & regards

Anand