cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product location interchangeability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I Have some queries regarding Product location interchangeabilty.

In Demand Planning we can do realignment,product split,like profiles and phasein/out.

suppose If i do phasein/out thru this functionality is it help  more SNP PPDS and GATP.means i can do phasein/out thru standard tcode  /sapapo/msdp_fcst1.

Please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

Naga.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

DP uses different methods (as you mentioned in your post) to address the interchangeability. Based on the business requirement, it is required to chose the appropriate method. However, the interchangeability as such has limited application in DP. For example, FFF classes, aerospace and defense industry uses it extensively and not supported by DP. You need to use the downstream applications such as SNP or PP/DS to support the A&D specific requirements.

In the same way, each application (SNP, PP/DS, or GATP) supports interchangeability but only meet certain business requirements.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate  your Promptness. Rajesh.

My concern is If i perform phasein/out and   realignment,product split,like profiles i get the benfits for SNP PPDS GATP.

Thanks and Regards,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My concern is if i do the phasein/out thru product location interchangeabilty,is it effect like GATP it will show no stock for Phaseout like that..

Thanks and regards,

naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Could you please help me on this.

Thanks and regards,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reddy Garu,

You  have mixed  up a little too much.

You need to  elaborate what is exact concern or the requirement. Unfortunately  sometimes questions are larger than answers and sometime there are 10 possible answers to a one line question. esp. in APO.

The interchangability in DP is limited to the "type" supersession chain. This interachagability group can be used to REPRESENT  phase-in/out, product split,  like profile or realignment. i.e. this IC group can be used directly in several ways in DP. It is just for convinience.

A simpler and direct  way of doing the same thing is by using a realignment table in DP. In DP there is no concept of substitution demand unlike  in SNP!! though you can create a key figure of your own to do so.

However when you release the PIR's to  DP to PPDS/SNP you can release the PIRs as  substitute demand if for example a product split or a like profile was used to create demand for an alternate product based on forecast or planning data of originally intended product

In SNP, CTM and  PPDS interchangability functions are more useful because there you take a short term supply perspective and plan for the supply  of alternate products in several ways if original was not available..

You can think of 10's of ways of your own if you were to do the same to meet a customers demand. APO has all those possibilities built in SNP, CTM and PP and Deployment.  Then there are other types of interchagability in SNP/PPDS  that are more useful at  component level or even at finished product level where there could be 100's of reasons why you would substitute something with something else with or without cognizance of customer, with/without  business loss,

Hope this explanation helps answer some questions that were probably in your mind

Thanks

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Thnaks for your answer.

My concern is if i do the phasein/out thru this product location interchangeability.

Is it give any benfits to GATP comparing with standard life cycle planning.

Thanks,

Naga.