SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derivation trace logs incorrect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We recently refreshed our sandbox environment with a copy of our production system.

While troubleshooting an issue I was using the following trace tools:

1- fm account assignment

2- budget address derivation strategy

3- control object Strategy

I noticed that the trace tool was functioning incorrectly, in the following manner...

When I click on derivation steps to view the 'before/after' values within the trace (for budget address derivation strategy) the system displays the trace results from the fm account assignment derivation strategy trace tool. I know this is incorrect, and confirmed such in another system.

The coding being displayed in the trace pop up window shows one account assignment, and the 'derivation steps' log shows another account assignment which is incorrect, and refers to the account assignment strategy when I am actually drilling down into the budget address derivation strategy.

I have regenerated all derivation strategies and the error is still occurring.

Any suggestions as to what my next steps should be?

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does it work properly in Production? What SAP release/package are you with?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

We are using ECC 6.0  SAPK-60403INEAPS.

All the other systems are functioning properly. 

Thanks,

Meghan

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are in relatively recent release + it was a copy from the client, where it worked and works, I wouldn't know what to advise. Try to see, if note 1143920 is helpful for you. Otherwise, you can either recreate your derivation strategy in your sandbox or if it's heavy, create an OSS message.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I have reviewed the note, but it does not seem to describe our issue.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will move to open an OSS note.

Thanks,

Meghan