Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7 Quota Arrangements VS Supplier List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I have the 3 following question

If both the Quota Arrangement and the supplier list are created for a product category:

1) Which event (creation of a SC, directly a PO etc.) will trigger the use of QA and which the use of a supplier from the created supplier list?

2) In case a supplier list exist for a specific product category and a QA too, will the system propose the supplier from the supplier list or the use of the supplier from the contract specified in the QA? (in other words which has the priority in the sourcing process?).

3) Are the QA and the supplier list integrated in some way or they have to be considere as 2 separeted functionality?

Thanks in advance for clarify.

Best Regards,

Valentino

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please find my answers

1) Which event (creation of a SC, directly a PO etc.) will trigger the use of QA and which the use of a supplier from the created supplier list?

If QA  exist in the system, the contracts(in turn vendors) listed in the QA, will have the highest preference while proposing source of supply in both SC and PO .

2) In case a supplier list exist for a specific product category and a QA too, will the system propose the supplier from the supplier list or the use of the supplier from the contract specified in the QA? (in other words which has the priority in the sourcing process?).

If QA  exist in the system, the contracts(in turn vendors) listed in the QA, will have the highest preference while proposing source of supply in both SC and PO .

3) Are the QA and the supplier list integrated in some way or they have to be considere as 2 separeted functionality?

They are two separate documents.

Regards,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valentino,

QA is given first preference over Supplier list when it comes to sourcing, i.e. if QA is available, the system will use it and then propose vendors from supplier list.

PS: Supplier/Vendor list is compiled by the purchaser for certain products or product  categories and contains vendors and backend contracts.

Regards,

Nikhil

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

3. Functionlity of QA & SL is quite different.

QA is used to define target percentages and distribute them to or between contracts.

SL is used to search for sources of supply for their purchases.

2. QA is defined for product or product catagory. SL is defined as per pucashing ourganization.

QA has preference in sourcing process.

1. Creation of PO triggers QA. In a way it books minimum/required quantitiy as per settings.

I hope it resolves your doubt.

Regards,