cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Team Determination in SM7.1 Incident Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have followed the basic steps to automatically assign all incidents (using components A* to Z*) to the First level support.  I also was able to successfully simulate this with no errors.  But when creating a basic incident, with any random component, the incident does not have the 1st level support business partner assigned to it.

I've been back through the how-to demos and cannot see why they are not following the determination rules.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to help you I need to clarify something. Please confirm: is this an old SolMan 7.0 migrated to 7.1 and you need to keep working with open SLFN tickets or want to keep using the old transaction type, and the determination stopped working, or are you trying to configure Incident Management using SLFN in 7.1?

If you use the new transaction type for incidents in 7.1 you can use the BRF+ (business rules framework plus) instead of the old way with only PFAC. Then you need to activate the action SMIN_STD_FIND_PARTNER_FDT (support team determination based on BRFplus) and deactivate the action SMIN_STD_FIND_TEAM_SEND_EMAIL (support team determination based on responsibilities, PFAC rule 35000139). (replace SMIN by ZMIN in the action names if you use a copy of the standard).

Regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is Solman 7.0EHp1 upgraded to SolMan 7.1, but we never used the Incident Management functionality in the prior version.  I have gone through the BRFPLUS doc provided in the link above, but when I create a message from a child system, the "service team" in the incident ticket is still blank.  I did a generic rule to send all components (*) to the 1st level suppor team business partner.  The simulation in the BRFPLUS tool succeeded and showed the correct business partner, as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vsp,

you can check the access sequence as stated by me above,

Go to spro -> search for Define Partner determination procedure -> select SMIN001 -> left panel "partner function in procedure", select the support team

Now you need to scrol right to see all the other options,

here make sure  that the access sequence in the "Partner Determination" is empty.

you can check the actions using Tcode sppfcadm .

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jansi, I now see the setting but it still has not invoked team determination and the "service team" in the incident ticket still remains blank when i create a new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are experiencing the same problem, how did u resolve it??

Support messages are being created but it is not being assigned to any processor/team.
We have solman 7.1 and we have determined the support team via determination rule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hasan,

Even i am facing same issue... Do you have any solution for this issue. As per Jansi comment i have checked access sequence etc. But still ticket is not assinging to the team.

regards

Chithra Natarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chitra

We configured it through BRF and disabled the other action, it worked.

Regards

Sidra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it is not mandantory to use BFR+. We have realized it with the old PFAC rule (BFR+ have more optionsbut quite complex :-)). But there must be a change for the email adresses in the organisation (the BP). The email adresse should be registered into the organizational unit (BP) under adress. This organizational unit must be build into rule 35000139 and it should work. Hope this helps.

best regards

johannes

dmitry_udot3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you create addition resposibility in your rule with lower priority that your main resp. and with "*" values in SAP Component parameter?

You can also use test emulation dirrectly in PFAC rule editor....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you given any access sequence for support team, if yes please remove that,

you can check this on spro -> solman img -> customer relation ship management -> basis functin -> partner processing->Define Partner Determination Procedure -> select slfn001 and gothere left panel "partner function in procedure"  and select "Support Team (CRM)" and ensure that the access sequence in the "Partner Determination" is empty.

You knw this partner determination done by action SLFN0001_ADVANCED_FIND_PARTNER , which executed when you save the incident, have you defined the rule and parnter_fut here. and also make sure, you have not selected the check box "partner dependent" for this action.

Please check.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jansi.  I'm not sure where to check the action  SLFN0001_ADVANCED_FIND_PARTNER.  As for the partner function SLFN001, the Support Team (CRM) had changable check marked, and the min column empty, and max column 1.  I didn't see the access sequence you refer to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VSP,

could you please consider the above comment by Raquel, if you are using fresh 7.1 installation, want to go ahead only with the transaction type SMIN, you can do the the support team determination using BRF plus.

please check out the step by step guide here

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=011000358700007352...

If you are with 7.0 ehp1 you can find the actions and conditions on tcode sppfcadm. But your case is not required i guess.

Please update.

Thanks,

Jansi