cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max qty for fixed bin not checked for batch managed material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using batch managed materials to stock them in fixed bin. The bin has maximum quantity mentioned in WM2 view. The mixed storage and addition to existing stock is allowed.

We have two batches for the material. NEW and USED. The material is also split valuated and has same valuation types. The problem we are facing while GR posting.

The situation is as below

Max qty in a bin - 100

GR for USED batch is posted for 70 pcs. System does put away in fixed bin.

GR for another USED batch for 70 pcs posted. System suggests bin to next storage type as total qty exceeds max qty in fixed bin.

GR for 70 pcs of NEW batch is posted. System suggests fixed bin even though it already has 70 pcs of USED.

So, system checks max quantity if GR is for same batch. Our requirement is that system should check the maximum quantity at material number level irrespective of batch.

I have checked all the config setting and all looks good.

Am I missing something or system behaviour is correct for batch managed material?

Thanks,

-Shekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

Solution looks to be simple here. Please check the relevant storage type where you are taking the stock.

Go to details & activate the Capacity Check method as 3 i.e. Check based on maximum quantity per bin in storage type.

In master data i.e. WM2 view you maintain the apprpriate value.

Thanks,

Mahesh

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are not missing something, it works as it works. Max qty as capacity check and mixed storage does not make sense. The max qty can only be checked for one qant. Just as you see it: when the system tries to merge the two USED qants, the quantity is exceeded, so it does not work. Two quants with a quantity less then 100 each works.

Brgds

Juergen