cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveler Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to allow the traveler to only create and save an expense report but not submit it?  We've tried changing the values of the P_TRAVL object (field AUTHF) but don't seem to be able to control it.  We've tried the following values "W" or "W30" but the traveler still has the option to submit.  We even tried setting the value to just "R*" but the traveler still has the option to submit.

Can this be achieved via security?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basant,

Object P_TRAVL is correct, but I think you need to use Field AUTHS, not AUTHF. In AUTHS there will be an entry saying "31" i.e. 3 = Trip 1 = to be settled. If I understand correctly, this is what you want to avoid from being done by the enduser.

Try removing entry "31" from AUTHS in P_TRAVL.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

We tried setting the AUTHS field (in object P_TRAVL) to exclude entry "31" for the traveler role.  However it did NOT work for the traveler role.  The traveler still has the option to submit the expense report.

Some time back we had set the AUTHS field (in object P_TRAVL) to exclude entry "31" for the travel assistant role.  It did work for the travel assistant role. 

We were hoping that it would work the same way for the traveler role but it does not seem to be the case.  That's when we started guessing to see if we could get our desired outcome by changing the AUTHF field.  Let me know if you can think of anything else.

Thanks

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But then you didn't do anything wrong from my point of view...

Furthermore, the fact that this constallation works for the travel assistant but not for the traveler makes no sense to me since the travel assistance has unlimited authority for AUTHF, the Traveler can only read, write, delete.

Please check whether your reference user really only has the Roles SAP_FI_TV_TRAVELER plus the autogenerated profile and SAP_FI_TV_WEB_TRAVELER, nothing else. I can only imagine some other roles have overlapping authority objects with these two roles and cause this system behaviour...

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lukas,

You were absolutely right.  The user also had the SAP_ALL profile and that was overriding our travel authorizations.  Thanks for your insight.

Thanks.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad, I could be of assistance. Most of the time when doing complex trouble shooting you tend to overlook the easiest error causes

Answers (0)