cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT Determination for Service Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My company provides sales and also service support for our customers across globe. My doubt is in the EU service scenario VAT determination. If any
experts are there who understand the EU service VAT determination please help me with your valuable suggestions.

We have designed our solution to determine VAT from Sold to party through SPRO settings (SD- basic functions-TAX). We also maintain
multiple VAT numbers for the sold to party in the customer master record for different countries.

E.g. for a Italy based customer we maintain Italy VAT no as main VAT number and Poland VAT no in others.

We have implemented SAP note 371764.

In sales cycle we are able to determine the VAT numbers correctly. No issues here.

But now my doubt or question is, Is it possible to issue an invoice/debit memo with VAT from an alternate  EU country (lets say Poland) when the address of the consignee (Sold to party) has country code (lets say Italy) for Service scenario, where there is no delivery for the items.

Is this accepted as per the EU laws.

Please let me know if you need any further explanations to understand the issue.

Regards

Vimal Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I suggest you to see note 872449 (tax determination in SD). You have comments about services and VAT reg.number in EU countries. For legal requirements I suggest to ask to the CFO or tax consultants hired by your customer to know the requirements. Each country is a world, and more now.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo